Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

501 - 520 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Left Norfolk...wanted to go juco and play high major but got hurt leading to suppression of offers. There is a deep connection on the staff with this kids parent.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
We just got Jacob Boonyasith from American.

His non-conference numbers this year were pretty good from 3pt at 24/47. But once conference play started he couldn’t hit much 6/30.

But he brings some decent size at 6’3” and if he can shoot closer to 40% from 3pt he will be a welcome addition. His FT shooting like many kids these days is atrocious for a guard at 60%.

We still have two scholarships left by my count. But this is a good transfer of a proven D1 player.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Big American fan here. Jacob is a good player who can definitely shoot it. Terrific range. His freshman year he made the all-rookie team in the Patriot League and really helped us down the stretch. Has a little bit of midrange as well; can make the one-dribble pullup. Defensively, though, he struggles. Tried to do what was asked of him but was out of position more than once. This year he sprained his foot early in the season and really wasn't able to do much after the non-conference games. I would say he's a one-dimensional player, but in today's game, that's the right dimension to have. Nice kid, too.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Big American fan here. Jacob is a good player who can definitely shoot it. Terrific range. His freshman year he made the all-rookie team in the Patriot League and really helped us down the stretch. Has a little bit of midrange as well; can make the one-dribble pullup. Defensively, though, he struggles. Tried to do what was asked of him but was out of position more than once. This year he sprained his foot early in the season and really wasn't able to do much after the non-conference games. I would say he's a one-dimensional player, but in today's game, that's the right dimension to have. Nice kid, too.
Thanks for responding with that detail. We certainly need defenders but if he is athletic and has good lateral movement he can be coached up during his RS season. We need a spot-up shooter desperately right now for 2021-22. Do you know or have thoughts as to why his FT shooting went from 85% in HS to 60% at AU?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good question, and I don't have a great answer. Very odd season in that regard: we had another guy drop way off in FT percentage from 2018-19, but then had another guy who was terrible the year before really improve this season, while our starting two shot 90+ from the line. So, no idea. I certainly don't see any reason he can't shoot in the mid-high 70s regularly the next couple of years.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts
Kellen Tynes to Montana State. Would not have guessed that. That's a haul from eastern Canada.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maine with some under the radar recruits coming in. No one has mentioned Fofo Adetogun the Canadian point guard Maine signed. Look him up online if you are not familiar with him. 6'0 200 lb with a huge wingspan. Great open floor player and defender. Led his team in blocked shots. He is one of 3 high level athletes Maine has coming in next season along with wing players Wol Maiwen & Randall Wiel.

·
The People's Champ
707 Posts
Rasto should fill in nicely, can play a hybrid looks like at 6'6-6'7'. Fiba U18 played lots of minutes, but for a poor team in the B division, can get to the rim, but looks like his shooting was abysmal during last Euro U18 championships

501 - 520 of 543 Posts