Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
There's no 2022 recruiting thread yet, but in a display of naivete regarding their job security (or perhaps not, given AD Elliot's apathy toward winning basketball games), Dempsey and his staff extended an offer to high school freshman Khalil Farmer. He's currently playing at The Shipley School, the same school Sessoms completed his illustrious high school career.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I missed we offered Ricky Council’s brother Ricky the IV (yes really) for 2020. Apparently he is likely to go to a lower P5 school unless Ricky II convinces him to come to UMBC.

H/T to NL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
I missed we offered Ricky Council’s brother Ricky the IV (yes really) for 2020. Apparently he is likely to go to a lower P5 school unless Ricky II convinces him to come to UMBC.

H/T to NL.

So there must be another brother named Ricky Council III. Hopefully at some point they were all on the floor at the same time. Announcer’s nightmare. At least the Duncans have different first names.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
So there must be another brother named Ricky Council III. Hopefully at some point they were all on the floor at the same time. Announcer’s nightmare. At least the Duncans have different first names.

I’m guessing his father was a George Foreman fan.

·
Premium Member
32,325 Posts
Vermont’s/former Rice HS G Kam Farris blowing up on AAU circuit. Picked up offers from Dayton, UMass, and Murray State and per his AAU coach Virginia, Arkansas, and Iowa reached out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Vermont’s/former Rice HS G Kam Farris blowing up on AAU circuit. Picked up offers from Dayton, UMass, and Murray State and per his AAU coach Virginia, Arkansas, and Iowa reached out.
Do you know if UVM has made an offer and whether he has any interest, or is he looking for greener pastures?

·
Premium Member
32,325 Posts
Do you know if UVM has made an offer and whether he has any interest, or is he looking for greener pastures?
I think I’ve read on here we’re recruiting him but unsure if I’ve read we’ve officially offered him, but maybe we have?

I know last year he had offers from Old Dominion and BU.

No idea what level he ultimately ends up at, but he’s one of the best shooters I’ve seen the state produce and is going to have some options.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,164 Posts
2020 St. Andrew's (MD) G Colin Smalls has received an offer from UMass Lowell.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think I’ve read on here we’re recruiting him but unsure if I’ve read we’ve officially offered him, but maybe we have?

I know last year he had offers from Old Dominion and BU.

No idea what level he ultimately ends up at, but he’s one of the best shooters I’ve seen the state produce and is going to have some options.
Just fan advice, I'd prolly throw an offer at any PG Murray State offers from hereon out.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I don't KNOW, but I don't think UVM has or will offer Kam. The UVM staff has a direct pipeline to Rice. I'm sure they know everything they need to know about the kid. Given that, I'd expect them to pass.

I'm happy for any Vermont kid that does well and makes it to DI. I wish him the best of luck.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,164 Posts
Isaac Sinclair
@isaacSinclair9
28m
28 minutes ago

More
Thanks to the UMBC coaching staff for having me. Great facilities, campus & elite camp! #ThePursuit #AssistLeader
@colbylewis20 @Coachryanodom @Coachbryce455 @CoachNateD @CoachMattHenry @JBrudish14
@Coach_Rick57 @chapelHillMBB @phenom_Hoops @teamStackedMBB

No mention of an offer here, but a name to keep an eye for UMBC fans

·
Registered
120 Posts
Happened a few days ago, but UVM offered Dyson Koehler out of Utah.

6’7” SF who averaged 23 and 7 in the best league in Utah.

Has offers from Utah, BYU, Portland, Cal Poly, and Idaho. Sounds like Ryan Scheinder (doubt I spelled that right) is the recruiter in that area.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pat Lawless
Zach Martini, a class of 2020 PF from Gill St. Bernards (NJ)/@NYRhoops, just picked up an offer from Vermont.
Video of him, shows good moves around the hoop. Eyes up looking for the outlet pass. In the lane game. They didn't show one shot from 3.

Looks like right now, Bryant and the IVY's are the other schools interested.
Like Koehler from Utah, these are the players we need to be going after. Even
if we only get 1 a year it is the way to the next level.

4 strong frontcourt recruits now. Lets get a couple.

41 - 60 of 281 Posts