21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,100 Posts
Per Twitter, Jim Christian returning to BC

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
If we get through this to where there's basketball this season, we will have earned some Billy Gillispie excitement in our lives.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I wasn't quite sure where to put this (new thread? 2019-20 Cats?) but heck, too hard to decide anything right now, so here it is.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Western Michigan promoted Clayton Bates, a longtime assistant, to head coach...despite the fact that they had just fired his boss.

I don't remember who had it on Twitter, but I believe it was a 2-year contract (yes, 2) valued at considerably less than what his predecessor was making.

This is Coaching Carousel 2020 reality. And with belt-tightening being what it is, it could spread to 2021 and beyond: more schools toughing it out with guys they don't love, more promotions from within at reduced prices, etc.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Western Michigan promoted Clayton Bates, a longtime assistant, to head coach...despite the fact that they had just fired his boss.

I don't remember who had it on Twitter, but I believe it was a 2-year contract (yes, 2) valued at considerably less than what his predecessor was making.

This is Coaching Carousel 2020 reality. And with belt-tightening being what it is, it could spread to 2021 and beyond: more schools toughing it out with guys they don't love, more promotions from within at reduced prices, etc.
What's interesting though is schools that presumably are in a further budget crunch (as most HBCUs do) both Alcorn State and Alabama State let their coaches go. One I think they let his contract run down.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I wasn't quite sure where to put this (new thread? 2019-20 Cats?) but heck, too hard to decide anything right now, so here it is.

He has earned it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts