Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
I understand wanting to see someone different, but from the conference's perspective you're looking at something like a 13 seed vs a play in game. If I'm a fan of a non Hartford team I'm rooting for Vermont just for that reason alone.

·
UMBC fan
3,889 Posts
I understand wanting to see someone different, but from the conference's perspective you're looking at something like a 13 seed vs a play in game. If I'm a fan of a non Hartford team I'm rooting for Vermont just for that reason alone.
I just don't like Vermont. Or Albany.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,714 Posts
Definitely going to need Davis in this one. Hopefully he's healthy enough to give it a go.

·
UMBC fan
3,889 Posts
Nobody likes Albany, but Vermont?
Ha, beating Albany in their place in the 2009 semifinals was a top 5 UMBC moment for sure.

Also yes Vermont...they're the bullies of the league. I've liked individual players from the team, but not the program in any fashion. I don't hate Vermont, but can't root for them.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,714 Posts
Hartford having never been to the Dance makes it most likely that fans from other teams will root for them. If they weren't playing the Cats, I would be.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
JUST. WIN.

SURVIVE AND ADVANCE

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I was told by 2 reliable sources that having a fan-free final is under serious consideration. There is a Corona committee that will decide. This is entirely new territory.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was told by 2 reliable sources that having a fan-free final is under serious consideration. There is a Corona committee that will decide. This is entirely new territory.
For what it’s worth, UVM sent out an email immediately after the game to season ticket holders with info on buying tickets. But I’m holding off buying until tomorrow afternoon. I’d expect an announcement tomorrow morning one way or the other. Despite no cases in VT, the hysteria is starting to overwhelm us, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they go the no-fan route, which is pathetic IMO. But we’ll see.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Can 3000+ sneak in the back door? I hope this isn’t the case. I understand people more informed then me will make the call, but that would be horrible if they play in an empty gym. Can we have giant tv screens live stream fans cheering?

·
5,947 Posts
For what it’s worth, UVM sent out an email immediately after the game to season ticket holders with info on buying tickets. But I’m holding off buying until tomorrow afternoon. I’d expect an announcement tomorrow morning one way or the other. Despite no cases in VT, the hysteria is starting to overwhelm us, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they go the no-fan route, which is pathetic IMO. But we’ll see.
IMO, you'd be better off buying the tickets when you can, because if they play in an empty gym, you get a refund.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There actually is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Bennington, VT. Vermont Coronavirus Updates For Tuesday, March 10

Surprised you didn't hear about it.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
The Middlebury update said they had an individual that attended a Middlebury sporting event that has now tested positive for Covid-19, but apparently they were not yet contagious at the game they attended, however that works.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Our KenPom went from 70 to 77 after this win but was unchanged after Maine win-huh?

1 - 20 of 160 Posts