Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
From the day this guy walked into the AE, I dislike him. Everything from his on-court behavior, behavior on Twitter (taking shots at Albany after winning the game in tourney)..this guy reeks to me of a fraud, the kind of guy that would sell his mother for a tic-tac in a famine. I know he's done more winning at Hartford then most but this dude is a giant ass from afar. No embarrassment is to low for him. The never-ending whining on the sideline is crystal clear that he has no respect for the game, the officials or the opposing coaches. It NEVER stops!

JMO, I know Hartford has Isbal, and that dude is straight up all class...credit to UH so perhaps he sees it different or different side of Gallagher but CG is hard to stomach at least for me as an outsider.
I hear you.....and I get it....

I’ll just drop this here:

·
Registered
150 Posts
As a Hartford alum. I totally agree that Gallagher had a couple of lucky hits entering the program. I must give him credit because you need somewhat of luck besides hard to earn success. However, I do agree that he is a total classless human being. He reminds me of a used car salesman. I don’t think he gets a shot above the a-East as a HC. I was totally surprised they gave him a 3 year extension midway through the season. He was one bad year from not returning to Hartford.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
As a Hartford alum. I totally agree that Gallagher had a couple of lucky hits entering the program. I must give him credit because you need somewhat of luck besides hard to earn success. However, I do agree that he is a total classless human being. He reminds me of a used car salesman. I don’t think he gets a shot above the a-East as a HC. I was totally surprised they gave him a 3 year extension midway through the season. He was one bad year from not returning to Hartford.
What's done is done and you give him credit for finding Carter and Ellison, without those two mercenaries I think there's a fair chance he's fired after this season. Fortunately for him he secured a 3 year contract...he's going to have to reload quickly again but at least this time around he's got Stalf and Flowers to try and build around.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
some sensitive 'cats fans on here on the Hartford air time on ESPN and the attention Ellison is getting... For the ones who didn't catch a lot of Hawks games, news flash, Ellison was doubled constantly and sometimes tripled and still avg a double double. Hate it or love it, it's true, he didn't get the POY nod because Hartford didn't win enough games... it is what it is. not taking anything away from UVM, they are the better team no doubt..
Ellison was a great player, no doubt. Perhaps the best in the league, but if you've been around for any time at all, you should know that transfers almost never win POY honors. The coaches tend to reward 4 year players.

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
Ellison was a great player, no doubt. Perhaps the best in the league, but if you've been around for any time at all, you should know that transfers almost never win POY honors. The coaches tend to reward 4 year players.
I am fully aware of that, still doesn't take away from the fact though...

·
Registered
498 Posts
If on October 1, 2019 you gave me the option of Lamb or Ellison (or anyone else) for my AE team, (knowing what I know now) I'd take Lamb. But I'd likely take Ellison 2nd ...great player, great season. It was fun watching him play this year and sad Ellison and Lamb did not face off in the final game

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
I've said all along after they've cancelled all these events.... just give me a 2v2 game.. Ellison/Carter vs Lamb/Shungu…. put this whole POY/DPOY nonsense a rest lol... plus this would be a nice little matchup/entertaining bball while this whole coronavirus thing is taking over

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ellison was by far the best AE player... on my AE fantasy team. Which by the way I would have won if he had been healthy all year! I think we can all agree that they both were worthy of player of the year honors, but I give Lamb the nod due to the fact that coaches have had 4 years to figure out how to stop him..some nights they did, most nights they didnt.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Has anyone received their AE championship ticket refunds yet? Not sure if any of that staff has even been able to get back to campus?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
John Feinstein interview in the Sporting News promoting his new book on mid-majors:

"
SN: Is there a particular player or coach you feel the worst for as a result of the cancellation of the NCAA Tournament?

Feinstein: The coach who comes to mind first is a guy who wasn’t in the tournament yet, and probably had an uphill climb to get in: John Gallagher from Hartford. He’s never been in the tournament. Hartford’s never been in the tournament. And they had upset Stony Brook in the America East semis on the road and they were going to go play at Vermont.
John was convinced they could beat Vermont. They’d done pretty well against Vermont, relatively speaking, compared to the rest of the league. He thought they were going to win. He had five senior starters last year and they lost in the conference tournament semis; they came from 26 down to take the lead in the last 10 seconds and ended up losing in double overtime on a couple of questionable block-charge calls. They both could have gone either way and both went UMBC’s way.
He had an AD who was giving him a hard time, he was in a kind of power struggle with her, and most people thought he was in trouble, whole team graduated. Well, John won the struggle from the AD; she’s gone. Brought in a bunch of new players and was going to play in the conference championship game. I feel bad for him and his kids that they didn’t get that opportunity."

The whole article is a solid read.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts