Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I thought worst case scenario was immediate eligibility for everyone passes and takes effect immediately. Then he is UK leading scorer when we arrive at Rupp next season.

But I guess that depends on worst case for whom?
That sounds like worst case for UK. If Toppin is their leading scorer next year, they are in trouble.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The Bonnies landed one of their primary targets today: Anthony Roberts, a transfer from Kent State who averaged over 12 ppg as a sophomore.
$t. Bonaventure and $chmidt hitting the transfer pool. Of course, he’ll sit a year even if the one time transfer rule is blessed by the P5.

·
Piker
9,030 Posts
Yes that’s a good reason to dismiss the transfer of a 13 and 9 guy that led your team in minutes played
It was a joke but I think I am allowed to dismiss who I want. I mean he led the team to an 8th place finish so I am not going to cry a river. There are issues so it does not make me happy. He obviously does not have faith in the program. Oh and he really can't shoot free throws by the way.

·
Piker
9,030 Posts
Dismiss away, AA. He dismissed your program.
Eh, I made a joke. As I said in the other thread I have love for Silva. He gave his all to VCU for 3 years. He and Mobley both stayed even though they were recruited by Wade. Now both are gone. Funny thing is that both of them had relatives that were very vocal in bashing our coach. I did not like that and now they are gone. Also, Vann's relatives did the same. Rhoades will finally have all of his players so I hope he picks his best 9 and plays them. I know the team will struggle next year but I think they should still be better than last season. The team simply collapsed after the home loss to Mason. Silva is an undersized center that does a great job at getting under and around defenders to the rim. He is a poor shooter and he is horrible at the free throw line. His free throw shooting is an issue because he plays heavy minutes at the end of games. He is a player that will get fouled because of his aggression. With the state of the program I really do think this works out for both Silva and VCU. I would rather have a mediocre season with guys that will be around for several years.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Eh, I made a joke. As I said in the other thread I have love for Silva. He gave his all to VCU for 3 years. He and Mobley both stayed even though they were recruited by Wade. Now both are gone. Funny thing is that both of them had relatives that were very vocal in bashing our coach. I did not like that and now they are gone. Also, Vann's relatives did the same. Rhoades will finally have all of his players so I hope he picks his best 9 and plays them. I know the team will struggle next year but I think they should still be better than last season. The team simply collapsed after the home loss to Mason. Silva is an undersized center that does a great job at getting under and around defenders to the rim. He is a poor shooter and he is horrible at the free throw line. His free throw shooting is an issue because he plays heavy minutes at the end of games. He is a player that will get fouled because of his aggression. With the state of the program I really do think this works out for both Silva and VCU. I would rather have a mediocre season with guys that will be around for several years.
Sometimes a purge is good for the program. Grant did it after year one and had a pretty good season his second year. Fire Grant! Of course he had Obi Toppin so that made the second year a little easier. If Rhoads is the right guy VCU can turn it around fast. The program has cred and is well funded. A good VCU is good for the A10 despite that Tory chick

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Let's not forget that the guys recruited by Rhoades's predecessor were recruited by a scumbag, so who knows what their expectations were coming in and what changed once Rhoades arrived.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Good luck with that, Marcus. "Highest level," he says.

In other news...

Unfortunately, Robert Carpenter is leaving SBU. More of that family advice stuff, I hear. I'd bet on the Detroit native landing in the MAC or Horizon League.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts