Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
281 - 300 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Weird- I'm still seeing Derryk as Asst to the Head Coach and Snyder as DBO.
You have to go into the actual directory...

The men's basketball page still has last year's roster (which is why Coach Tibbs is still on there too, I believe). But the directory shows DOG as DBO (as Snyder has moved on to other pursuits, as previously discussed here).

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
You have to go into the actual directory...

The men's basketball page still has last year's roster (which is why Coach Tibbs is still on there too, I believe). But the directory shows DOG as DBO (as Snyder has moved on to other pursuits, as previously discussed here).
Ah- I figured you were seeing that elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Might have been posted but the game at Providence on December 7th is confirmed by PC:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,668 Posts
Santo

Reactions: Catamaniac

·
Comrade Fox
2,089 Posts
Talked about this on Twitter, but really frustrating that there's like no official info on UVM this upcoming season. OOC schedule isn't released, neither is the complete roster. And it's this way for hockey too (aside from women's having a schedule released). There are games for the hockey teams in less than a month FFS.

I know the athletic department is dysfunctional, but fuck, it's September, it can't be that hard to just put out a release.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Talked about this on Twitter, but really frustrating that there's like no official info on UVM this upcoming season. OOC schedule isn't released, neither is the complete roster. And it's this way for hockey too (aside from women's having a schedule released). There are games for the hockey teams in less than a month FFS.

I know the athletic department is dysfunctional, but fuck, it's September, it can't be that hard to just put out a release.
They don't usually do press releases on departing staff, so I wouldn't expect that. As for announcing Santo, they might have to wait until they list the job for a period of time or whatever. It's later than usual yes, but my guess at this point the rosters won't be updated until photo day is done, and schedules who really knows. But, they're down a communications team member and I guess no longer are hiring an intern? So at this point are they just hoping to find a work-study kid who can do it for them? When you're a toxic place to work, and don't put money or effort into people who would be on top of these things, this is what you get.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
From the "The World is Small, and Continually Shrinking" department: when Chris Santo left St. Anselm for the Knicks he was replaced on staff by Joe O'Shea, the former Burlington HS star and son of former Lowell DBO Tom O'Shea.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts

It's official.
Chief of Staff. Hmmmm, first time I've heard that title. Based on the comments by Capel, it would appear as though KC is going to be in charge of organizing their recruiting efforts. He won't be allowed to go off campus to recruit, but will certainly be very involved on campus. In regards to contacting prospect coaches (email, phone, text, etc), in years past any non-coaching staff member was not allowed to do that for recruiting purposes (unlike for summer camp attendance, etc). And they certainly weren't allowed to do anything off campus. I would be very interested to see exactly what his job description and duties consist of.

Best of luck to him. I'm sure he will be missed on the Vermont sideline.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Did any other season ticket holders who carried over their deposit get info re: the upcoming season yet?

281 - 300 of 380 Posts