·
Registered
2,374 Posts
10/30 vs. St. Mike's
11/6 vs. St. Anselm's
11/13 @ Maryland
11/19 vs. Yale
11/22 vs. Oakland (Gulf Coast Showcase)
11/23 vs. Evansville/Rice (Gulf Coast Showcase)
11/22 vs. TBD (Gulf Coast Showcase)
12/1 vs. Dartmouth
12/7 @ Providence
12/10 @ Brown
12/19 @ Northeastern
12/22 vs. Colgate

So, if they're waiting on a home date, there's really only a couple of windows they can play at home that don't interfere with the women's home schedule:

• Nov 15-17
  • Dec 14-16*
  • Dec 29

*This period is probably unlikely. It is during UVM's fall semester final exam period, and traditionally no athletic contests are scheduled in this time.

Just my guess based on this information, you're looking at the November window, and probably a non-D1, since I believe they're allowed to schedule a "home game" as part of the Gulf Coast Showcase?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I wasn’t very impressed with Becker’s relatively unenthusiastic one-liners, but then again, they are unproven (with the Cats system) newcomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__ will have a great career at the University of Vermont.

(Except for Michel who has a slightly better chance of seeing playing time by redshirting this year.)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wasn’t very impressed with Becker’s relatively unenthusiastic one-liners, but then again, they are unproven (with the Cats system) newcomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the comments were Okay. My takeaway was that Finn and Kam will get big minutes. I could even see both starting. Sam is listed at 6-2. I've seen him listed as tall as 6-5.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
WCAX TV: Cieplicki leaves UVM Men’s Basketball for job at Pitt
Hamlet Tibbs, Greg Snyder, and Ari-Shapiro Miller had already left the Cats coaching staff this offseason, and now Kyle Cieplicki is on his way out as well.
We reached out to UVM and were told there would be no official statement regarding Cieplicki’s departure and that Becker was unavailable for comment Monday without ruling out the possibility he might speak on this matter later.
There was a video clip of a short interview with Becker the next day (not yet up on the WCAX website) where he vaguely referenced needing to hire new coaches without mentioning Cieplicki or any of the others by name. Cieplicki had been working with Becker for 10 years. And... nothing? Something feels off.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
WCAX TV: Cieplicki leaves UVM Men’s Basketball for job at Pitt

There was a video clip of a short interview with Becker the next day (not yet up on the WCAX website) where he vaguely referenced needing to hire new coaches without mentioning Cieplicki or any of the others by name. Cieplicki had been working with Becker for 10 years. And... nothing? Something feels off.
Maybe similar to what Cieplicki was thinking: "I've been working here for 10 years and... nothing?"

·
U of AZ 72
112 Posts
I thought the comments were Okay. My takeaway was that Finn and Kam will get big minutes. I could even see both starting. Sam is listed at 6-2. I've seen him listed as tall as 6-5.
I also have consistently seen Sam listed as 6'5". That's a big difference. I thought he didn't look that tall in the pic of the team and commented as such . I think Guillory was listed as taller also and there was a lot of talk about how they were getting big guards . A bit of a surprise and less likely to play the 3. Doesn't mean they can't be good but different than the hype previously heard.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
To go back a few pages, somewhat timely relative to what we were discussing re: Cieplicki, Pitt, Chief of Staff positions, coaching involvement, etc.

Interesting...and there you go. Looks like he can now be involved in practice when all 4 members of the coaching staff are not present. Honestly, this makes sense as at least one asst coach is gone almost all the time with recruiting. And again, quite honestly, I'm sure it was happening even without this new rule.

Reactions: GoCatsGo and c00per

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Reactions: LongTall
301 - 320 of 380 Posts