Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
The People's Champ
884 Posts
He absolutely cannot shoot but is a pretty decent FT shooter and a 15ppg scorer who should definitely help Hartford next year.
I feel you. Career sub 40% from the floor (so was carter btw), but has a knack of getting to the paint shooting nearly 8FTs a game. Immediate impact player

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I feel you. Career sub 40% from the floor (so was carter btw), but has a knack of getting to the paint shooting nearly 8FTs a game. Immediate impact player
I watched a video of a game he scored 34 points. Basically everything was attacking the basket or from the free throw line. Somewhat similar game as Austin Williams though shorter. His asst/TO ratio was verygood which I find very encouraging.
The one area I am concerned about for next year is 3 point shooting. DJ I’m not worried about. Mark’s needs to bring up his percentage and flowers needs to be a big factor there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I watched a video of a game he scored 34 points. Basically everything was attacking the basket or from the free throw line. Somewhat similar game as Austin Williams though shorter. His asst/TO ratio was verygood which I find very encouraging.
The one area I am concerned about for next year is 3 point shooting. DJ I’m not worried about. Mark’s needs to bring up his percentage and flowers needs to be a big factor there.
Different body type, but I saw a lot of Austin Williams in that tape too. Spacing might be a concern, but I could see some definitely mismatches if you pair two downhill guards like Williams and Clayton together.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
As someone who had to go through their team adopting a complete identity change, you can still win with really good defense. However, I do think it really creates finer margins and is somewhat anachronistic to today’s game.

·
Registered
237 Posts
As someone who had to go through their team adopting a complete identity change, you can still win with really good defense. However, I do think it really creates finer margins and is somewhat anachronistic to today’s game.
I don't think there was a realistic option in the portal that could replace all that Carter did. I don't blame them in the least for prioritizing replacing the point guard part of Carter, especially with Henry transferring out.

·
The People's Champ
884 Posts
The three is especially concerning because they lose Carter AND Henry who shot better percentages from the 3 then the 2. BUT, this tells me Hawks are going to be a run and gun team, get to the paint, and if you can’t, kick it for the open 3. They have size, speed, quickness, and return all conf level talent up and down their starting 5.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Former City Rock IIRC.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

Hartford unless someone else transfers out wouldn't be able to bring him on since they're at 13 against the count as I noted in the other thread.

When recruiting a San Diego kid might not want to tell him we have snow on the ground in VT today.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts

Hartford unless someone else transfers out wouldn't be able to bring him on since they're at 13 against the count as I noted in the other thread.

When recruiting a San Diego kid might not want to tell him we have snow on the ground in VT today.
30% over the 3 years at San Diego doesn't exactly scream "this is the shooter we need" to me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
5'10 G Brett Hutchinson, Canterbury Prep committed to Binghamton per his Twitter page and NERR, I don't think he had any other offers... maybe redshirt? Will play behind Falko and Hjalmarsson most likely

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
5'10 G Brett Hutchinson, Canterbury Prep committed to Binghamton per his Twitter page and NERR, I don't think he had any other offers... maybe redshirt? Will play behind Falko and Hjalmarsson most likely
When NERR puts a * next to the name, it usually means the player is joining as walk on, which is the case for Hutchinson but who knows truly: Brett Hutchison 2021 |

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The Cats have signed 6-5 Wing AJ Lopez who just finished up a prep year at Mt. Zion. He's a long athletic scorer. With that the cats have used all of their scholarships for the upcoming year.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
The Cats have signed 6-5 Wing AJ Lopez who just finished up a prep year at Mt. Zion. He's a long athletic scorer. With that the cats have used all of their scholarships for the upcoming year.
Are they done? I tried to do an accounting for every team's scholarship situation here: 2021-22 Graduating Senior Returnees & Departures

I used verbal commits, which even if Hopkins and Lester are staying the extra year and UNH is counting them against the 13 because it doesn't want to or can't afford to go over the scholarship limit which is allowed this year that would make it 11 scholarship players + Lopez = 12. So they'd have one more. Unless any of the walk-ons listed here are not walk-ons or there was another commitment/portal withdrawl? Verbal Commits

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Are they done? I tried to do an accounting for every team's scholarship situation here: 2021-22 Graduating Senior Returnees & Departures

I used verbal commits, which even if Hopkins and Lester are staying the extra year and UNH is counting them against the 13 because it doesn't want to or can't afford to go over the scholarship limit which is allowed this year that would make it 11 scholarship players + Lopez = 12. So they'd have one more. Unless any of the walk-ons listed here are not walk-ons or there was another commitment/portal withdrawl? Verbal Commits
Due to the pandemic they've given up a scholarship to help save money. Each team at UNH has done that and they won't get it back for this season.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Reactions: Mr quint

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
UMBC offers Amarri Tice but I think he might be a ‘22? VC has him as a ‘21 but others have him as a prep ‘22.

221 - 240 of 289 Posts