Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,641 Posts
KAMERON GIBSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*leaves to read Gibson’s Basketball Reference entry.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Excellent. This is a shooter. Shot 39% on 331 attempts over the 3 years at WCU.

Reactions: plash.ricrem

·
Registered
134 Posts
ESPN had him as a three star recruit.
We are overloaded with guards. Pass on this guy and look for a big with a strong defensive mentality or a stretch 3 who can shoot and defend. This team needs an attitude. Ryan and Bennie seem to lead quietly. Mazzulla does bring some swag, which I like. Not sure how vocal Bailey is. I guess Powell us said to be the best trash talker in the group. A couple of the guards they have brought in bring physicality...but who is the vocal leader with this gang? Anthony stepped into that role immediately as a freshman and no one questioned he was a beast.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Enough guards. UVM needs SIZE.

Just really hard to find guys over 6'5" who can play.
Again, this all could have been conversations with him before Gibson committed since any school has to cast a wide net when recruiting be it HS/AAU or the portal and they may have moved on. Just because the tweet was from today doesn't mean the interest came today.

But, even if it's not and there is interest still, he's a 6-5 guard who in the AE could play the "stretch 3" role, because 6-5 easily can be a 3 in the AE. He had good shooting numbers. Defensively I couldn't say. While I broadly agree UVM could use another big or at least an interior player who can defend bigs (remember Sam Dingba was barely 6-6), it would be difficult should a player like Todd wish to come to UVM even with Gibson in tow to say no. It's a guy with at least 3 years of playing left, which given the fact that the roster will turn over in a big way after next season (not all, if any of the rising true seniors are going to return after this upcoming season in addition to the super seniors not coming back). UVM is going to have a lot of open spots for 2022-23, and while it might sacrifice some interior defense this year, it wouldn't sacrifice the future if his game translates to this level because once Davis and the super seniors go this roster has nothing and it could easily go right into the gutter and bottom half of the league by 2022-23 if the freshman aren't early contributors to plus players and nobody else steps up. A player like Todd could help stop that if his abilities translate to UVM should he choose them.

·
Premium Member
33,641 Posts
UVM does have a bunch of guards, but are any of them so elite we shouldn’t try and upgrade talent at every single position in the back court? Don’t get me wrong, I really like Shungu, think Mazzulla does some great things, Gibson looks like a solid add on paper and Alamutu and Guillory look exciting. But all that said, if there’s a dude out there better than anybody else, sign them up!

You’ll also notice there are some guards I didn’t mention, which means I think there’s minutes to be had there as well.

·
Gr8t Dane
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Verbal Commits
2021 West Oaks Academy (FL) G/F Justin Neely has signed with Albany. Verbal Commits https://t.co/n6S1rzLZnO
This is a potential big one. It seems the entire AE is upgrading for next year. Seems Coach Killings wants to make a splash in his first season. Pretty impressive haul of talent so far. None of us know how his style of play will be, but he seems to be bringing in Athletes that can play a much faster paced exciting brand of basketball vs. the Will Brown grind. Will they put it all together and compete, especially on the defensive end, or will they be what UML has been lately, fast paced high scoring, but not a ton of wins when they can't stop the opponent from doing the same?

241 - 260 of 289 Posts