Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sloan Seymour, 6-8 shooter from George Washington (and Siena before that) is headed to UNH. The 3 schools-in-3 years thing is a flag.
I understand the natural hesitation that comes with 3 schools in 3 years, but the ones like Sloan who go from low major to upper-mid major and struggle are a lot less concerning to me.

·
The People's Champ
867 Posts
A 7-1 260-pound center at Maine is actually a caribou.
Lolol kids going to be a beast against smaller AE front courts. Hartford is lucky to have two guys at 6’10, but both of them are finesse centers around the rim. This guy is an absolute animal who is aggressive, plays well above the rim and has a nice floater/hook. Yikes, watch out

·
Registered
5,524 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Efretuei could definitely average 10/10 in the America East. 55% from the floor. I guess the question is if he can go more than 20 minutes a game. If he can, Maine has a solid center next year.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I understand the natural hesitation that comes with 3 schools in 3 years, but the ones like Sloan who go from low major to upper-mid major and struggle are a lot less concerning to me.

I agree. Sloan committed to Siena out of High School and then followed the head coach when he went to GW. Maybe he wasn't happy in his role at GW or he was losing playing time as the season went on. Billy offered him out of high school and with the family connection it makes sense he's on his way to Durham. Now we still have two or three spots to fill depending on if Sutherlin comes back.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,095 Posts
Reactions: lsbal

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Well I'll be damned. That's kind of exciting news...and completely unexpected. He looks like he could be pretty darn good.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,095 Posts
Well I'll be damned. That's kind of exciting news...and completely unexpected. He looks like he could be pretty darn good.
Congratulations. Could be an interesting year for you guys if you can get some guard play to match with it.

Reactions: RazorRamon

·
The People's Champ
867 Posts
Efretuei could definitely average 10/10 in the America East. 55% from the floor. I guess the question is if he can go more than 20 minutes a game. If he can, Maine has a solid center next year.
True true. I think if he can play 25 min and Maine can pair him with a legit PG, he can hit 15/10 and flirt with first team all conf if Maine can hover around .500

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
so I see in 2017 uconn and West Virginia were both recruiting him. At some point ( I can’t tell when) he had offers from Fordham Manhattan Sam Houston St & St Bonaventure.

Also in 2018:

Pretty good list of schools right there...how on earth does he end up at Maine? There aren't a lot of 7'1 dudes running around, let alone ones that appear to be pretty athletic and coordinated that can do things on the court.

I guess I'm still skeptical that he actually shows up in Orono, ME.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts