Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Well, this is exciting.

Statistically, the fouls and the free throws look iffy. But watching the video, he's not just a stand under the hoop dunker. He's got a little spinny drop step type thing he can get himself a baby hook shot with to both sides/hands.

Even if he can't stay on the floor for long stretches (or close games because he is a sub-50% FT shooter), you could stagger him with Ingo and always have elite rim protection on the floor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty good list of schools right there...how on earth does he end up at Maine? There aren't a lot of 7'1 dudes running around, let alone ones that appear to be pretty athletic and coordinated that can do things on the court.

I guess I'm still skeptical that he actually shows up in Orono, ME.
His aau coach had a Maine connection and set it up. He's a good kid. He's planning on being a Black Bear.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
This twitter guy is a HS sophomore apparently (?!) - though there was that other guy back in the day who did the same thing with recruiting. Wild. Take it for what it's worth. But anyhow, some AE related updates from the last day or so:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
On a related note, I tried determining each team's current returning players + potential bonus extra year players along with open scholarships, and teams like NJIT with Faw committing, plus Hartford are now at -1 available, which really just means we won't have the slightest clue what's going on until August probably.

What I do know is Albany has like 9 spots it needs to fill, so they should probably get to work on that.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,095 Posts
Who says you can't go home again?

Former Miami F Elijah Olaniyi is transferring to Stony Brook. @ohgi_e Verbal Commits

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Reactions: VCat_2015

·
Realist/A-hole
6,095 Posts
Mark Miller

@WisBBYearbook

List of schools that have reached out to Sheboygan Lutheran's Jacob Ognacevic, who spent the past season at Valparaiso but has entered the portal: Green Bay Milwaukee Virginia Tech UC-San Diego UMKC Chattanooga Florida Atlantic Idaho Youngstown St Maine Southern Illinois

11:47 AM · Mar 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Frankly, this is a kid who UVM should be looking at as well.

As a freshman at Valpo played 12.9 min per game averaging 6 pts and 2 boards while shooting 51% from 3 for the year on 58 attempts. It may be he wants to play closer to home, but worth checking on.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,095 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Interior, UMaine Men's Basketball Offices, two coaches discuss recruiting:

"What picture of our program should we send to these kids to announce their offers on twitter?"
"Probably an action shot from a game."
"But the stands look really empty in all our pictures."
"Well, let's send a zoomed out picture of a women's game so it looks full and hope no one notices."

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Interior, UMaine Men's Basketball Offices, two coaches discuss recruiting:

"What picture of our program should we send to these kids to announce their offers on twitter?"
"Probably an action shot from a game."
"But the stands look really empty in all our pictures."
"Well, let's send a zoomed out picture of a women's game so it looks full and hope no one notices."
Thankfully you are not in charge of recruiting.

ccd, lead recruiter of UM men's hoops:

Maine doesn't draw flies, we have no sustained history of success and we don't have an on-campus facility to play in.......I'm not a very good coach either, but if you don't get any other offers......come play for us!

:confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Thankfully you are not in charge of recruiting.

ccd, lead recruiter of UM men's hoops:

Maine doesn't draw flies, we have no sustained history of success and we don't have an on-campus facility to play in.......I'm not a very good coach either, but if you don't get any other offers......come play for us!

:confused::rolleyes:
What are you talking about?

161 - 180 of 196 Posts