Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

701 - 714 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts

Looks like Rizzotti landed on her feet, good for her. I know there were rumors about Morgan Valley taking the UConn asst job which I would be in favor of, but I thought that would have been a perfect landing spot for Jen.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Women's Carousel news of some magnitude: According to multiple reports, Kim Mulkey is on the cusp of leaving Baylor for LSU after 21 seasons, 600+ wins, and 3 national titles. She's on a pretty short list of coaches who truly define a program.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Women's Carousel news of some magnitude: According to multiple reports, Kim Mulkey is on the cusp of leaving Baylor for LSU after 21 seasons, 600+ wins, and 3 national titles. She's on a pretty short list of coaches who truly define a program.
Geno leaving UConn would be the only bigger move in women's basketball. Maybe he should leave and take over the Baylor program?

But seriously, this is a huge deal in WBB. Shea Ralph's job of getting Vanderbilt back to respectability in the SEC just got quite a bit harder. Plus, Auburn made a great hire as well.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
And to add to this, here is her salary info: "Kim Mulkey's deal with #LSU is set to pay Mulkey $2.5 million in year one and will increase to north of $3 million by the end of the deal, which runs through 2028-2029, an LSU official tells @TheAthletic," Miller tweeted. "Again, #LSU is going from paying its women's basketball coach $711,988 this year to paying an average of just under $3 million. Plus, I can assure you, some expected upgrades to facilities."

That's some serious money on the women's side. Course, Baylor has gone 187-9 in Big XII games since 2010. That's ridiculous. I don't care men's/women's, high major/mid major/low major but that is some serious domination. She has also won 3 national titles and been named national coach of the year multiple times by multiple organizations.

I wonder where that would rank her on the list of college coaches as a whole, combining men and women.

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Per Matt Norlander, it sounds like Patrick Sellers is going to be the guy at CCSU.

Glad to see them finally pull the trigger. Despite what looked like a great pool of finalists, I was starting to worry about you guys with the timing.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Interesting tidbit from Mike Anthony article about the CCSU selection:

Central identified five finalists from more than 80 applicants: Sellers, St. Bonaventure associate head coach Steve Curran, Brown associate head coach T.J. Sorrentine, Gannon coach Kelvin Jefferson, and Seton Hall assistant Grant Billmeier. Sellers, Curran and Sorrentine were most seriously considered in a search led by interim athletic director Tom Pincince.
Homecoming: Former Blue Devil Patrick Sellers introduced as CCSU basketball coach

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Finally! Congrats Ace. I hope he brings you back to the good days when CCSU was a tough, tough opponent on any given night. The days when Corsley Edwards and Rick Mickens took you to the NCAA tournament.

701 - 714 of 714 Posts