Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
701 - 720 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts

Looks like Rizzotti landed on her feet, good for her. I know there were rumors about Morgan Valley taking the UConn asst job which I would be in favor of, but I thought that would have been a perfect landing spot for Jen.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Women's Carousel news of some magnitude: According to multiple reports, Kim Mulkey is on the cusp of leaving Baylor for LSU after 21 seasons, 600+ wins, and 3 national titles. She's on a pretty short list of coaches who truly define a program.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Women's Carousel news of some magnitude: According to multiple reports, Kim Mulkey is on the cusp of leaving Baylor for LSU after 21 seasons, 600+ wins, and 3 national titles. She's on a pretty short list of coaches who truly define a program.
Geno leaving UConn would be the only bigger move in women's basketball. Maybe he should leave and take over the Baylor program?

But seriously, this is a huge deal in WBB. Shea Ralph's job of getting Vanderbilt back to respectability in the SEC just got quite a bit harder. Plus, Auburn made a great hire as well.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
And to add to this, here is her salary info: "Kim Mulkey's deal with #LSU is set to pay Mulkey $2.5 million in year one and will increase to north of $3 million by the end of the deal, which runs through 2028-2029, an LSU official tells @TheAthletic," Miller tweeted. "Again, #LSU is going from paying its women's basketball coach $711,988 this year to paying an average of just under $3 million. Plus, I can assure you, some expected upgrades to facilities."

That's some serious money on the women's side. Course, Baylor has gone 187-9 in Big XII games since 2010. That's ridiculous. I don't care men's/women's, high major/mid major/low major but that is some serious domination. She has also won 3 national titles and been named national coach of the year multiple times by multiple organizations.

I wonder where that would rank her on the list of college coaches as a whole, combining men and women.

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Interesting tidbit from Mike Anthony article about the CCSU selection:

Central identified five finalists from more than 80 applicants: Sellers, St. Bonaventure associate head coach Steve Curran, Brown associate head coach T.J. Sorrentine, Gannon coach Kelvin Jefferson, and Seton Hall assistant Grant Billmeier. Sellers, Curran and Sorrentine were most seriously considered in a search led by interim athletic director Tom Pincince.
Homecoming: Former Blue Devil Patrick Sellers introduced as CCSU basketball coach

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
A slightly off-beat Carousel update, but may be of interest to Vermonters. Bowdoin has named Alex Lloyd as its new head coach...

Lloyd was an all-state player at Rice HS back in 2000 (was 1st Team, along with some kid named Taylor Coppenrath), went out west and played at Pomona, and then went on to have a pretty interesting coaching career to date as is laid out in the press release. Now he's back in New England in the NESCAC.

·
Premium Member
33,709 Posts
A slightly off-beat Carousel update, but may be of interest to Vermonters. Bowdoin has named Alex Lloyd as its new head coach...

Lloyd was an all-state player at Rice HS back in 2000 (was 1st Team, along with some kid named Taylor Coppenrath), went out west and played at Pomona, and then went on to have a pretty interesting coaching career to date as is laid out in the press release. Now he's back in New England in the NESCAC.
Played pick-up against Lloyd a bunch when I was a UVM student and he was still at Rice HS. Patrick Gym, Pomeroy & Smalley Parks. Good basketball player and really smart/nice kid. Great coaching opportunity for him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's another slightly off beat coaching news. Was wondering if anyone knew where former St. Michael's head coach Tom Crowley might be headed. He resigned his position as Deputy AD at Butler not too long ago and was planning to move east again. He expressed his desire to return to coaching. I did see that NVU-Johnson is looking for a men's coach. That might be a possibility if he wants to return to Vermont. I imagine he's well connected but having been out of coaching for a while the only head job he could realistically get probably is NVU. Most likely he would be an assistant or work on a staff of a friend if he wanted to remain in D1.

701 - 720 of 765 Posts