Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am watching the preview show leading into the First Four and man, I am more excited than I thought for this tournament! Watching the coverage in Indiana is pretty awesome and it's really kinda cool that it's in one place.

Anyway, I figure this can be where we talk about the exciting action.

Here's to March Madness!!

🏀🏀🏀🏀

🍺🍺🍺🍺

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, so weird to see no fans at this game with all the NCAA Tournament logos.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Rooting for Mount St. Mary's here, but they aren't off to a hot start in the second. Their coach was at Southern Vermont College before this (and made them really good before the school closed for good). They played against UVM in like 2014 and he had this chunky 6-3 point forward who had the confidence of Antoine Walker and then also started jawing with the UVM bench and coaches when he hit shots to pull them within 30. Forever will love that player whose name I forget.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know these early round games are usually held in NBA arenas and/or city convocation center type facilities, and most of them are relatively new and beautiful facilities. But how cool is it that Texas Southern just played in Assembly Hall and on Saturday will play in Mackey Arena? I mean, talk about 2 of the most iconic college basketball arenas in the nation. That's pretty cool IMO.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't believe Drake came back to win that game...and that kid from Wichita State missing that 3 at the buzzer to win it. Man, welcome back March Madness! I missed you.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Real good games early, but Norfolk St. is wrecking Appalachian St. now. The best game will be at 3:30 tomorrow.
The Drake game was awesome! Is App st playing Baylor?

You are right the best game is at 3:30 tomorrow....granted I might not be saying that 2 minutes into the game. Hartford lost by 30 to Villanova and I think Baylor would beat Villanova by 30....so I am going to avoid doing the math.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
My hope is that Hartford will play out of their minds and make AE the most feared 1-16 matchup of all time. It may not happen, but it could, and that's why the 3:30 game will be the one I want to watch. This has been such a goofy season that doing the math is useless.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn...Norfolk State was up 10 when I switched to watch Mich State/UCLA. I turn it back and App State is up by 6 on a 16-0 run. Never in a million years did I think I would CHOOSE to watch Norfolk State vs App State over Mich State vs UCLA, but that is exactly what I am doing! It is now 51-47, App State with 4:30 to go.

Reactions: Mr quint and lsbal

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Wow! App St makes a huge comeback in the 2nd half and were ahead but Norfolk St managed to squeeze out a win. Kudos to the NCAA for having such competitive matchups in the playin games.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, what a great first night so far.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
And now UCLA comes back from the dead in the 2nd half to make it a game. I was going to bed and now I have to have at least one more drink and see how this goes.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions as to games (other than Hartford) which should definitely not be missed today? I can't watch them all but I don't want to miss any great ones.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Dang, no idea if Michigan State fell apart of if UCLA just played great or a combo of both. That was a crazy ending for sure. Was hoping for a Spartan win but man, seeing the camera cut away to **** Cronin's dad several times and knowing that they hadn't been able to see each other for over a year (thanks covid), really kinda hit me in the feels. It was pretty moving to see them share a brief moment, albeit socially distanced, at the arena after the Bruins win. I don't know that they will get to really spend time together (covid protocols and all), but at least he will get to see his son coach one more time anyway.

Now, onto today!! Woo hoo...man, if today is anything like yesterday, we are all in for a treat. Here's the schedule:

12:15 pm (CBS) - #7 Florida vs #10 VA Tech - going with the Hokies
12:45 pm (truTV) - #3 Arkansas vs #14 Colgate - Upset special, give me the 'gate!
1:15 pm (TBS) - #1 Illinois vs #16 Drexel - Illini by as much as they want
1:45 pm (TNT) - #6 Texas Tech vs #11 Utah State - gonna be close, but the Red Raiders win
3:00 pm (CBS) - #2 Ohio State vs #15 Oral Roberts - Ohio State, but ORU will keep it close
3:30 pm (truTV) - #1 Baylor vs #16 Hartford - Baylor Bears in 10 overtimes
4:00 pm (TBS) - #8 Loyola vs #9 GA Tech - Ramblers over the Ramblin' Wreck
4:30 pm (TNT) - #5 Tennessee vs #12 Oregon State - Vols, but man, I don't know
6:25 pm (TBS) - #4 Oklahoma State vs #13 Liberty - Cunningham & the Pokes of OKState
7:10 pm (CBS) - #8 North Carolina vs #9 Wisconsin - Badgers here
7:15 pm (truTV) - #2 Houston vs #15 Cleveland St - Cougars, but this could be an upset special
7:25 pm (TNT) - #4 Purdue vs #13 North Texas - baby Boilers win, but NT keeps it close
9:20 pm (TBS) - #7 Clemson vs #10 Rutgers - Rutgers moving on
9:40 pm (CBS) - #6 San Diego St vs #11 Syracuse - San Diego St (I don't like 'Cuse)
9:50 pm (truTV) - #3 West Virginia vs #14 Morehead - Mountaineers going away
9:57 pm (TNT) - #5 Villanova vs #12 Winthrop - Winthrop Eagles with the upset to cap the night!

I can't help but love the fact that Texas Tech (where Bob Knight went after the Indiana fiasco) and Kelvin Sampson's Houston Cougars will both be playing in Assembly Hall today while the Indiana Hoosiers are watching it on TV from their homes/apartments/dorms. Oh, the irony of it all...

Reactions: lsbal

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Dang, no idea if Michigan State fell apart of if UCLA just played great or a combo of both. That was a crazy ending for sure. Was hoping for a Spartan win but man, seeing the camera cut away to **** Cronin's dad several times and knowing that they hadn't been able to see each other for over a year (thanks covid), really kinda hit me in the feels. It was pretty moving to see them share a brief moment, albeit socially distanced, at the arena after the Bruins win. I don't know that they will get to really spend time together (covid protocols and all), but at least he will get to see his son coach one more time anyway.

Now, onto today!! Woo hoo...man, if today is anything like yesterday, we are all in for a treat. Here's the schedule:

12:15 pm (CBS) - #7 Florida vs #10 VA Tech - going with the Hokies
12:45 pm (truTV) - #3 Arkansas vs #14 Colgate - Upset special, give me the 'gate!
1:15 pm (TBS) - #1 Illinois vs #16 Drexel - Illini by as much as they want
1:45 pm (TNT) - #6 Texas Tech vs #11 Utah State - gonna be close, but the Red Raiders win
3:00 pm (CBS) - #2 Ohio State vs #15 Oral Roberts - Ohio State, but ORU will keep it close
3:30 pm (truTV) - #1 Baylor vs #16 Hartford - Baylor Bears in 10 overtimes
4:00 pm (TBS) - #8 Loyola vs #9 GA Tech - Ramblers over the Ramblin' Wreck
4:30 pm (TNT) - #5 Tennessee vs #12 Oregon State - Vols, but man, I don't know
6:25 pm (TBS) - #4 Oklahoma State vs #13 Liberty - Cunningham & the Pokes of OKState
7:10 pm (CBS) - #8 North Carolina vs #9 Wisconsin - Badgers here
7:15 pm (truTV) - #2 Houston vs #15 Cleveland St - Cougars, but this could be an upset special
7:25 pm (TNT) - #4 Purdue vs #13 North Texas - baby Boilers win, but NT keeps it close
9:20 pm (TBS) - #7 Clemson vs #10 Rutgers - Rutgers moving on
9:40 pm (CBS) - #6 San Diego St vs #11 Syracuse - San Diego St (I don't like 'Cuse)
9:50 pm (truTV) - #3 West Virginia vs #14 Morehead - Mountaineers going away
9:57 pm (TNT) - #5 Villanova vs #12 Winthrop - Winthrop Eagles with the upset to cap the night!

I can't help but love the fact that Texas Tech (where Bob Knight went after the Indiana fiasco) and Kelvin Sampson's Houston Cougars will both be playing in Assembly Hall today while the Indiana Hoosiers are watching it on TV from their homes/apartments/dorms. Oh, the irony of it all...
Baylor in 10 OT’s ...so funny

1 - 20 of 172 Posts