Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Gr8t Dane
872 Posts
Providence fan fourm has a post that the Friars will host Albany on Saturday 12/10/2022.
I was going to post that the last time UA played Providence it was a surprisingly close game to start the 14/15 season with UA falling just short losing 64-60 and it was a great predictor of how the rest of the season would go with UA almost running the league with the only loss in conference being a close one to SBU at home. A few weeks later UA avenged that loss with "the shot" sending them to the NCAA. I remembered it being only a 4 point loss, but didn't remember the actual score so I looked it up. Doing that reminded me of the next time they played (a game I had forgotten, probably purposely) that was an embarrassing drubbing by 30 points. That season didn't turn out so hot... Oh well.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I guess if you want to see Vermont's schedule you need to go their own threads. But they do have some good games on their schedule

·
Registered
985 Posts
I guess if you want to see Vermont's schedule you need to go their own threads. But they do have some good games on their schedule
It’s shaping up to be one of, if not the, best overall non conference schedules I’ve seen them play. Iona, St. Mary’s, perhaps Colgate, Yale, Northeastern. UCSF and Toledo. On the high major side, USC and maybe one more. Then whoever ends up in that Bahamas deal.

I hope we come out of the gate ready, because that’s some challenging shit.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Yeah, sorry. I often forget to post things in both threads. Here's an updated table of things that have been reported beyond this board...

2022-23 UVM Schedule Post (Update: 6/24)

-Presuming 16 conference games (assuming no further conference membership changes for next year).
-13 to 15 non-conference games available (depending on the presence of an MTE)

*REPORTED GAMES
1. Home vs. Toledo (per Jon Rothstein)
2. Away vs. USC (per Jon Rothstein)
3. Away vs. Cal State-Fullerton (per D1 Docket)
4. Away vs. St. Mary's (per WCAX)
5. Neutral Site (Mohegan Sun) vs. Iona (per Jon Rothstein)

*PRESUMED GAMES
6. Away vs. Colgate (Return from 2022)
7. Home vs. Northeastern (Return from 2022)
8. Away vs. Dartmouth (Scheduled In Perpetuity)
9. Away vs. Yale (Scheduled Practically In Perpetuity)

*4 to 6 non-conference games remaining

Not doubting anything else I've read here, but figured I'd wait on further confirmation (wouldn't be the first time scheduling info was correct at the time, but fell through). But obviously if the Bahamas thing is a go then we're able to play 15 non-con games instead of 13, per NCAA rules.

·
Premium Member
34,265 Posts
UVM playing at McGill on August 15th per McGill website.

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
UVM playing at McGill on August 15th per McGill website.
Good news for Catamount fans, bad news for the rest of this forum...

Need to prepare myself mentally for two months of over-analysis of how some reserve did and what level McGill corresponds to in comparison to US schools. Worst of all, I fear this is not just a one-off but a 4-game Canadian trip where we'll get at least 100 posts of analysis.🤪

·
Registered
503 Posts

Need to prepare myself mentally for two months of over-analysis of how some reserve did and what level McGill corresponds to in comparison to US schools. Worst of all, I fear this is not just a one-off but a 4-game Canadian trip where we'll get at least 100 posts of analysis.🤪
Bring it on!

·
Premium Member
34,265 Posts
Worst of all, I fear this is not just a one-off but a 4-game Canadian trip where we'll get at least 100 posts of analysis.🤪
One can only hope!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts

Everyone thinking August is gonna be kinda chill, then UVM fans roll up with scrimmage posts like...

And those are just the ones about Matt Veretto.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

I love this post! :ROFLMAO:

(BingGrad is absolutely correct)

41 - 60 of 80 Posts