Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(UPDATED 5/16)

There are a lot of moving parts. In the UVM thread, we've got GoCatsGo graciously tracking the roster/scholarships...but I was hoping to extend that to all teams, so perhaps this can be the catch-all for all that as moves come and go? This year teams have to go back to the hard count of 13 scholarships regardless of extra years.

I can kick it off by just going by what for the moment is returning or might return, and how many open spots there are. Please let me know if that's right or not...there's bound to be a lot of confusion. This info is all from Verbal Commits.

Albany: 0 super seniors, 13 filled scholarships = 0 available scholarship spots

Binghamton: 1 super senior possible, 10 filled scholarships = 2 to 3 available scholarships

Bryant: 1 super senior confirmed, 13 filled scholarships = 0 available scholarships

Maine: 1 super senior possible, 11 or 12 filled scholarships (?)^: 1 to 2 available scholarships

NJIT: 2 super seniors possible, 8 filled scholarships = 3 to 5 available scholarships

UNH: 0 super seniors, 12 filled scholarships = 1 available scholarship

UMBC: 1 super senior possible, 10 filled scholarships = 2 to 3 available scholarships

Lowell: 2 super seniors possible, 10 filled scholarships = 1 to 3 available scholarships

UVM: 4 super seniors confirmed (?), 13 filled scholarships (?) = 0 to 1 available scholarships*

^ not clear if the incoming Shea kid is on scholarship or not. Assuming his not, but haven't seen that confirmed, or I missed it?

* UVM has yet to confirm if Demuth is going to using a scholarship or getting a medical hardship retirement, so if that's the case and he doesn't go against the count, they'd have an additional scholarship to use if they wanted.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
There hasn't been any word about Shea since Markwood took over. I'd imagine that the plan always was for him to be a preferred walk-on, if only because if he is even a moderately decent student he'll be going to Maine for peanuts and there doesn't seem to be any D-I competition for him, but I have no inside information whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated the original post.

It appears Bryant only has 1 spot left. No idea if their super seniors takes one or they use it elsewhere. UMBC and Albany now have filled a spot each.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated again. Bryant had two scholarship guys, including one potential super senior (Hurtado) enter the portal. So now they have 11 spots, not counting Miles Latimer who is also super senior eligible. That leaves them with 1 or 2 spots open.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Updated again. Bryant had two scholarship guys, including one potential super senior (Hurtado) enter the portal. So now they have 11 spots, not counting Miles Latimer who is also super senior eligible. That leaves them with 1 or 2 spots open.
Albany info incorrect. Three gone (Champion, Newmann, and Cerrutti who lost his waiver appeal). Two super seniors (Horton and Doles) in the portal. One walk-on gone.

Filled- walk on spot filled. Two scholarships filled (Beagle and Evan). So up to three scholarships available if Horton and Doles do end up leaving or coach recruits over them.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Albany info incorrect. Three gone (Champion, Newmann, and Cerrutti who lost his waiver appeal). Two super seniors (Horton and Doles) in the portal. One walk-on gone.

Filled- walk on spot filled. Two scholarships filled (Beagle and Evan). So up to three scholarships available if Horton and Doles do end up leaving or coach recruits over them.
So by my count: Da'Kquan Davis, Gerald Drumgoole, Sam Schafer, Trey Hutchinson, Will Amica, Ny'Mire Little, Aaron Reddish, Justin Neely, Jonathan Beagle. That's 9. Who is Evan?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
So by my count: Da'Kquan Davis, Gerald Drumgoole, Sam Schafer, Trey Hutchinson, Will Amica, Ny'Mire Little, Aaron Reddish, Justin Neely, Jonathan Beagle. That's 9. Who is Evan?
Wow...slip by me. Some of us have noted that Davis reminds us as a larger version of Evan Singletary....that was a total slip. :ROFLMAO:

Roster- Little, Amica, Hutcheson, Reddish, Neely, Drumgoole, Shafer, Beagle, Davis, and Ketner. I've been told he has been put on scholarship. So, I counted him.

That would leave 3 scholarships, two of which could return (though doubtful).

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow...slip by me. Some of us have noted that Davis reminds us as a larger version of Evan Singletary....that was a total slip. :ROFLMAO:

Roster- Little, Amica, Hutcheson, Reddish, Neely, Drumgoole, Shafer, Beagle, Davis, and Ketner. I've been told he has been put on scholarship. So, I counted him.

That would leave 3 scholarships, two of which could return (though doubtful).
Okay cool. I'll hedge on the Ketner thing for now, but I made note of it in the chart.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated this...Bryant has 13 people committed at the moment not counting a super senior (Miles Latimer). So, unless the freshman who gave the verbal commit backs out (crowded house) or someone else transfers, they're done and Latimer is too, or goes somewhere else?

Also, UNH is at least in the halfway to filling our roster camp now.

Bryant math: Miles Latimer (SS?) + Chauncey Hawkins (TR), Antwan Walker (TR), Doug Edert (TR), Shariff Kenney (TR), Kvonn Cramer (TR), Joel Kabimba (TR), Earl Timberlake (TR), Charles Pride, Joe Moon IV, Tyler Brelsford, Erickson Bans, Grant Colman, Todd Rochelle (freshman commit) = 14

·
Registered
4 Posts
Updated this...Bryant has 13 people committed at the moment not counting a super senior (Miles Latimer). So, unless the freshman who gave the verbal commit backs out (crowded house) or someone else transfers, they're done and Latimer is too, or goes somewhere else?

Also, UNH is at least in the halfway to filling our roster camp now.

Bryant math: Miles Latimer (SS?) + Chauncey Hawkins (TR), Antwan Walker (TR), Doug Edert (TR), Shariff Kenney (TR), Kvonn Cramer (TR), Joel Kabimba (TR), Earl Timberlake (TR), Charles Pride, Joe Moon IV, Tyler Brelsford, Erickson Bans, Grant Colman, Todd Rochelle (freshman commit) = 14
Grant Coleman transferred I believe

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bryant just landed a transfer from Memphis, sounds like a pretty good get, started about half the games for Memphis and averaged around 5ppg. Bryant likely will be favorite at start of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Updated with a few signings and commitments and a couple portal withdraws. Does appear the Juco Maine had signed before is no longer coming, at least per Verbal Commits. Most teams still have 4-5 spots they need to fill up to get to 13. Only Bryant and Maine are in a position where they can offer 1-2.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts