Realist/A-hole
6,159 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Biting my tongue on the video he posted with him sitting on a throne. Ok, maybe doing a poor job of biting my tongue. Jim Cross' post just below the video might be telling. Hopefully this kid is a team player and lives up to his own hype. Welcome to Cat Country. Looking forward to seeing him play.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Just looked at his recruiting history on VC - looks like he got a bunch of D2 offers then his stock must have risen, as the D1 offers came in. Some really good academic schools recruited him (Bucknell, 2 Ivys, Rice). Glad we got some height.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Just looked at his recruiting history on VC - looks like he got a bunch of D2 offers then his stock must have risen, as the D1 offers came in. Some really good academic schools recruited him (Bucknell, 2 Ivys, Rice). Glad we got some height.
Maybe our resident Rhody Ram RF1 can fill us in a little, but from an article I scanned last night it sounds like he was fairly under the radar his SR season, had planned on doing a PG year at Putnam Science Academy...then all of a sudden kind of blew up late. Goes a way toward explaining the developmental RS year in 2021: he was sort of planning on reclassing as a 2021 anyway. Probably a little ahead of his level at URI, but saw a great offer and took it.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts

Maine gets Kellen Tynes, who they recruited out of HS to come back closer to home. Didn't do much at Montana State, but hey, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Where are we at with COVID eligibility again? Juniors to be & up still get an extra year....right?
Here's what I think is just the easiest way to keep track of it: if you were on a college roster of some kind in 2021 (NCAA, JUCO, NAIA), that year doesn't count. So any player in the HS Class of 2020 or older picked up a year. Which means most of this will be flushed out by April 2025 (save for guys with additional RS years: injuries etc.).

I've kind of stopped categorizing guys in my head as a certain class and instead organize them by "how many years do they have left?"

·
Registered
3,218 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Do you include yourself in this or are you content with how the roster is constructed at this moment?
They should absolutely get some size on the roster. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being dumb, ignorant or a stupid troll about it because they have nothing more they can contribute here anymore and haven't for some time. But, at the same time, the absolute meltdown that they haven't by some is pretty amusing to me given it's May and the number of guys in the portal. If it's still an issue in July, that's a real concern, but right now it's still early at least for another month before summer session is going to require most guys to be here for offseason workouts. I'd be more concerned about the coaching staff whiffing on unattainable guys than really zeroing in on needs and guys they actually feel can fit and contribute at UVM over being non-committal because someone new might enter the portal. Don't stat chase or look at the schools they came from.

281 - 300 of 349 Posts