Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
361 - 380 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is it too early to start looking at the rosters of each AE team and to guess at how strong each team looks on paper? Looks to me as though most rosters are full. I know it may be a silly exercise as SO much depends on the variables of unproven talent, team chemistry, injury, etc. but it could help me deal with the paucity of information during these quiet months.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Is it too early to start looking at the rosters of each AE team and to guess at how strong each team looks on paper? Looks to me as though most rosters are full. I know it may be a silly exercise as SO much depends on the variables of unproven talent, team chemistry, injury, etc. but it could help me deal with the paucity of information during these quiet months.
Is it EVER too early???

I think that UML, NJIT, Bryant and UVM will be the best teams at season's end.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Lowell was playing pretty well toward the end of last season. If Brooks continues to improve, he could be a real problem for teams. For example, barring a surprise, I can’t see anyone on UVM’s roster matching up well with him at all. They’ll need better shooting to soften up defenses. And I’m not a big Duquette fan, but the league isn’t shaping up a s exceptionally strong. So this might be a year they can move up a level.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I get why you say Bryant and UVM, but what did I miss at UML and NJIT that shows any improvement over the results of the last half decade?
For NJIT, I think that I saw a couple of pretty solid additions to their roster. Just a gut feeling, though. I can't really offer much other than that for substantiation.

For both NJIT and UML, I think that they are losing the least number of guys from their current rosters. I believe that experience with the coach matters.

For UML, I think that Brooks will be one of the best players in the league. They seem to play their best ball at the end of the season and into the playoffs. I also seem to remember an impactful player or two coming for next season.

·
Registered
437 Posts
For both NJIT and UML, I think that they are losing the least number of guys from their current rosters. I believe that experience with the coach matters.
NJIT finished second to last this past season and lost three of their top five scorers (O'Hearn, Lee and Butler). I'm not saying they will be just as bad this year, but their incoming guys are going to have to make up quite a bit of ground just to get them back to where they were last season, let alone put them among the best in the conference.

361 - 380 of 390 Posts