Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2022 America East Recruiting thread

84K views 401 replies 51 participants last post by  charliemike 
#1 ·
Didn’t see a thread for this yet...

Anyone know if UVM is in on Craig Ward? He’s a soph averaging close to 20 a game. He also happens to be the younger brother of Cam!

#11 ·
Not sure, but he should be a nice add for someone. Proven ability to contribute. I wouldn’t mind plucking one or two more MoJo era guys from GW. I believe we were in the running for Arnoldo Toro last year, so maybe it was him you’re thinking of. We ended up with Andre and Toro ended up at St. John’s. If anyone has access to a working time machine...

#15 ·
No idea if Vermont has any interest or connections with him, but freshman point-guard Chanse Robinson has left Buffalo. He played in only one game for them and didn't look great, but he did average 20.8 points, 3.5 steals and 3.2 assists in high school. He's from Louisiana and likely will transfer to a school closer to home, but he could be an excellent find for the Catamounts. Again, this is all hypothetical and if there isn't mutual interest between the player and school there really isn't much reason to speak it into existence. Robinson definitely fits the mold of a guy teetering between the mid and high-major levels so it'll be interesting to see which direction he heads in next.

#20 ·
Not sure if this was already posted. Lowell has picked up a transfer from La Salle, Ayinde Hikim, according to Adam Finkelstein. He has three years of eligibility left.

He was originally a 3* with offers from Q, Rider and LaSalle in the recruiting class of 2019.

#21 ·
@MatthewBain_

Indian Hills PG Tyrese Nickelson's recruitment is gaining steam. The Waterloo East alum is hearing from Western Michigan, New Hampshire, Neb-Omaha, Montana State, Youngstown State and UNC Asheville, IHCC coach Hank Plona tells me. Things will shape up over the next month or so.

#23 ·
Wrong thread, as they're '21s but...New Hampton is 7-4 against a limited schedule (seem to only be playing preps from NH, no out of state travel) and Guillory has been in double-figures most of those games. No real details beyond that, other than he's probably their 2nd most consistent scorer (behind Alex Karaban, a '22 who has drawn high-major interest).

I don't think Alamutu has played competitively this year, because Canada.

Probably something for all teams to consider regarding their '21 recruits: A lot of these kids have missed out on a lot of development in the last year, because of shortened/eliminated HS and AAU team schedules. Everyone should tamp down already-lofty expectations for freshmen by like 25-50%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.