·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just saw Nicolo Nobili with a VC.

Nothing then all of a sudden two verbal commits. Hoping this is a transformative class. This year is looking strong too, will be competitive for the Patriot League title.

Possible starting lineup

6'9" Jr. PF - Nevin Zink
6'6" Sr. SF - Walter Whyte
6'2" Sr. PG - Jonas Harper
6'5" Gr. SG - Javante McCoy
6'10" Gr. C - Sukhmail Mathon

2nd unit

6'8" So. F - Anthony Morales
6'7" Sr. F - Fletcher Tynen
6'2" Jr. G - Ethan Brittan-Watts
6'5" So. G - Daman Tate
6'8" Fr. F/C - Malcom Chimizie

3rd unit

6'4" Jr. F - Tim Ozoegbu
6'5" So. G - Caelan Jones
6'3" Jr. G - Garrett Pascoe
6'3" So. G - Miles Brewster
6'8" So. F - Andrew Patnode

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Awesome! Welcome Otto and Nicolò!!

Seeing the full roster/lineup listed out, we're really deep - thanks to the returning 5th year seniors.
Out of your "3rd line" above, I could see Brewster and Pascoe logging decent minutes. Don't really know what we have in CJ yet

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like Nobili's game. Very skilled for a big man. He can shoot, pass, drive, and he plays tough. BU looks stacked in the frontcourt for the next few years (along with Zink, Chimezie, Landrum). And it appears Nobili plays like a stretch four or maybe even a point forward like the current NBA MVP Nikola Jokić. The other three bigs look to be traditional post players, so Nicolò's game complements their games perfectly. I look forward to BU doing a lot of big to big passing.

And below is video of him at one of the recent basketball tournaments. He opened eyes and made a name for himself against top talent. The speakers in the video are recruiting analysts. The link is time stamped and Nicolò's part is about two minutes.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's a toss-up between Zink and Tynen as starter and I'll lean towards Tynen for his versatility. The team is really deep this year, so everyone should be getting minutes. And I'm high on Jones based on his high school reputation as a knockdown shooter. Really need someone this year to fill that role consistently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it's a toss-up between Zink and Tynen as starter and I'll lean towards Tynen for his versatility. The team is really deep this year, so everyone should be getting minutes. And I'm high on Jones based on his high school reputation as a knockdown shooter. Really need someone this year to fill that role consistently.
Didn't see much of Nobili's game but given his European pedigree was hoping he'd be a stretch four type to complement the more traditional bigs. Glad to see in the video that he fits the bill, but also is tough and rugged enough to mix it up inside.

I agree this year's deep team gives Coach Jones a lot of options. If you want to match up big you can go with Zink, if you want versatility, you can go Tynen. But it's Tynen's versatility that makes him a good fit to be possibly a sixth-man type to match up defensively as the first sub in. They can go 12 deep easily, even 13 or 14 so hopefully coach can have everyone go hard and not have to worry about heavy legs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like Nobili's game. Very skilled for a big man. He can shoot, pass, drive, and he plays tough. BU looks stacked in the frontcourt for the next few years (along with Zink, Chimezie, Landrum). And it appears Nobili plays like a stretch four or maybe even a point forward like the current NBA MVP Nikola Jokić. The other three bigs look to be traditional post players, so Nicolò's game complements their games perfectly. I look forward to BU doing a lot of big to big passing.

And below is video of him at one of the recent basketball tournaments. He opened eyes and made a name for himself against top talent. The speakers in the video are recruiting analysts. The link is time stamped and Nicolò's part is about two minutes.

Nice to have a strong frontcourt for the foreseeable future but you can never have enough. I thought Jordan Guest and Jack Hemphill were gonna be impactful for BU but we know things can change really quickly given the rate of turnover in D1 hoops. So it'd be great if we can get a commit from at least one of the two rim protectors BU is recruiting, 6'10" Prince Ufochukwu and 7'1" Christian Reeves. And if they can get one of the point guards, I really like both Ben Roy and Nikolas Graves, Jalen Vazquez seems solid too. All the SG recruits look good, of course 3-star Braxton Stacker looks to be the uber-athlete. But Desmond Claude is from New Haven and perhaps Walter Whyte can get him to commit to BU. I'd also be happy with Pierce, Farmer, or Moncrief. Can we dream of a BU fab five?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts