Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
U of AZ 72
166 Posts
So.....you're saying there's a chance?
The first thing I thought of when I saw his post was that he made a point of saying he was announcing in Vt and had 3 exclamation marks after it . Is this a hint that he would commit to UVM? I know it's a huge long shot and wishful thinking but that's what my 1st thought was. Now you can all say how ridiculous that is!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The first thing I thought of when I saw his post was that he made a point of saying he was announcing in Vt and had 3 exclamation marks after it . Is this a hint that he would commit to UVM? I know it's a huge long shot and wishful thinking but that's what my 1st thought was. Now you can all say how ridiculous that is!
I read that as him saying "I'm a proud Vermonter and I'm going to wear that on my badge"... He'll get the local media guys there, etc. In my opinion the fact he mentioned he's committing in Vermont basically rules out UVM as I don't think he'd feel the need to mention the state of Vermont if he was going to commit to UVM.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I read that as him saying "I'm a proud Vermonter and I'm going to wear that on my badge"... He'll get the local media guys there, etc. In my opinion the fact he mentioned he's committing in Vermont basically rules out UVM as I don't think he'd feel the need to mention the state of Vermont if he was going to commit to UVM.
Ditto on this. I am holding out a 0.0001% chance that he looks at UVM/Becker as a stepping stone/developmental and playing time opportunity and commits to the Cats, stays a year or two and then enters the portal. And as I type this, I realize that 0.0001% might be a bit on the high side, but I will take whatever little bit of hope I can hold on to.

(Note: the definition of 'hope' is 'disappointment deferred')

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Re: Bowen, if you read the article about his impending commitment, it reads (to me, anyway) less like he's trying to decide between 6 finalists and more like (when you factor in the general "buzz" around his recruitment) he's down to like 2 schools and there's 4 other schools he really wanted to shout out and acknowledge what they mean to him. Vermont is one of those schools. Vermont as a place is clearly something that's important to him. As a result, UVM the program also holds a special place for him (unsurprising when you consider "kids these days" are all being born post-Syracuse win and have grown up knowing basically nothing but UVM basketball success) and he wanted UVM to be a part of this process in some way.

He's not coming here, not in 2023. It's probably Florida State, but I wouldn't discount Providence quite yet. Everyone else is just "happy to be here"...unless you're Duke, who might not even know they're here because they already have 4 Top 25 guys in the 2023 class.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Bowen, if you read the article about his impending commitment, it reads (to me, anyway) less like he's trying to decide between 6 finalists and more like (when you factor in the general "buzz" around his recruitment) he's down to like 2 schools and there's 4 other schools he really wanted to shout out and acknowledge what they mean to him. Vermont is one of those schools. Vermont as a place is clearly something that's important to him. As a result, UVM the program also holds a special place for him (unsurprising when you consider "kids these days" are all being born post-Syracuse win and have grown up knowing basically nothing but UVM basketball success) and he wanted UVM to be a part of this process in some way.

He's not coming here, not in 2023. It's probably Florida State, but I wouldn't discount Providence quite yet. Everyone else is just "happy to be here"...unless you're Duke, who might not even know they're here because they already have 4 Top 25 guys in the 2023 class.
This is pretty close to what I’m hearing. But, Definitely hearing Providence over FSU. If he’s not happy at Providence, I would highly expect to see him at UVM, though.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts