Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,265 Posts
Congrats to Bol Bowen; highest rated recruited Vermont basketball player ever?

Another VT tie to Florida State, former Champlain College JUCO player Terrell Baker played two seasons at FSU around 95/96.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
We just offered five guys (a PG, two SG, a PF, and a C):

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Congrats to Bol Bowen; highest rated recruited Vermont basketball player ever?

Another VT tie to Florida State, former Champlain College JUCO player Terrell Baker played two seasons at FSU around 95/96.
Weren't there a few Champlain Juco kids that went to higher major schools back when Champlain was a 2 year hospitality school that played basketball at Memorial Auditorium?

Things have changed a little.

·
Premium Member
34,265 Posts
Reactions: charliemike

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
6-4 SG out of Minnesota.

The Cats clearly going guard/wing heavy with the early offers, which is unsurprising considering we lose a minimum of 4 backcourt players next season. And as is often the case this time of year, it definitely looks like we're kicking the tires on some guys who have a very good chance of going to a higher level than the AE.

·
UMBC fan
4,488 Posts

I love the energy and intensity he plays with in this tourney (last month). Has really good finishing abilities and his shot, while a bit clunky, seems effective and can get off without ease. Watching a few videos, he shows a good, consistent idea of where his teammates are on the floor.

Love seeing local talent staying at UMBC!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
More offers, I say. More! C.J. Jones, 6-2 PG from Connecticut. Currently plays at Our Savior Lutheran in the Bronx. A lot of east coast mids involved.

Cam Estevez, 6-3 PG at Canterbury School. Originally from NJ. Mostly regional offers, including some A-10 schools.

Robert Davis Jr., 6-6 SG from Michigan who is doing a 5th year at Southern California Academy. A bunch of offers from east coast as well as upper midwest schools.

·
Registered
360 Posts
More offers, I say. More! C.J. Jones, 6-2 PG from Connecticut. Currently plays at Our Savior Lutheran in the Bronx. A lot of east coast mids involved.

Cam Estevez, 6-3 PG at Canterbury School. Originally from NJ. Mostly regional offers, including some A-10 schools.

Robert Davis Jr., 6-6 SG from Michigan who is doing a 5th year at Southern California Academy. A bunch of offers from east coast as well as upper midwest schools.

Love these recruits!!!

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Weren't a lot of you guys blasting Bryant for giving out so many offers?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Weren't a lot of you guys blasting Bryant for giving out so many offers?
What we've offered out in the last few days is what Bryant offers before breakfast. :)

But in all seriousness, anecdotally this feels like the most number of "broadcasted" offers I've seen from UVM in a while, certainly in such a small window.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts