Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
121 - 140 of 185 Posts

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
More offers, I say. More! C.J. Jones, 6-2 PG from Connecticut. Currently plays at Our Savior Lutheran in the Bronx. A lot of east coast mids involved.
Jones has a Top 3 of Charlotte, Cal, GW

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
We have kept missing out on guys. They arent necessarily going to high majors either but quality low majors. I see us hitting the tranfer pool regardless. Not worried how many we just need to get the right one. Lets get a big time freshmen and transfer. SG and backup G are wide open next year. I see hurley more of a SF for now. The guard focus is for a reason. We have offered some sfs though so I think the staff is pretty okay with Hurley as a SG moving forward.

· Gr8t Dane
924 Posts
It hasn't been talked about in here that I have seen, but UA has 3 commits for 2023 at the moment, and all three look pretty strong:

• Cornelius Robinson- 6'6" SF who had offers from Texas A&M, St. Peters, Siena, Manhattan, Rider, Bryant, and others
  • Jack Margoupis - 6'8" SF, had offers from Brown, Bryant, and Gardner-Webb and had interest from Harvard, Holy Cross, and Bucknell among others
  • Zane Adnan - 6'2" PG - VC doesn't show other offers, but supposedly had them from Dartmouth, Lehigh, Northeastern, Loyola, and Holy Cross (or at least interest)

I like that DK is filling the known spots with Freshman to build from. If any unexpected players transfer, that's where you use the portal to fill needs.

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
Reactions: jtmac

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
Reactions: djump32

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
Early signing period was November 9th I believe.

This might be first time since Brennan was coaching (or longer?) we have 0 recruits in the early signing period.

Kinda concerning.

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
Lol, they didn't sign anyone early last season too.
I didn't realize that but to be fair to the staff I guess have to give them a pass for last 2 seasons due to COVID and NCAA granting additional years to players.

So in a "normalized"year is this the first time no early signings since Brennan?

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
I don't know the inside details of UVM's recruiting, and I like the recruiting geographically diverse across the US (and Canada) but it seems like we've abandoned the Northeast/New England/Prep Schools recently. Unsure why that is. I used to see Tibbs down here at different places here and there, so had tangible evidence and knew at least one UVM coach was working the recruiting beat.

Anyways, The Babson Scholar Roundball Classic is next weekend. Hopefully I see UVM represented.

Reactions: jtmac
121 - 140 of 185 Posts