Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2023 America East Recruiting Thread

104K views 601 replies 61 participants last post by  Bingo v2.0 
#1 ·
Jai Steadman offers Portland native William Lobor:

#466 ·
There was an article in the Syracuse paper a few months ago about Adam Weitsman and NIL. It mentioned that his deal was written so in order to be eligible, a player had to live in the 315 (CNY/Syracuse) or 607 (Southern Tier/Binghamton) area codes. I wonder if that has anything to do with Torrance's possible interest? If so, Jon Bol Ajak might be another Syracuse transfer to look out for.

#475 ·
I'm actually a little surprised at how quiet Lowell has been to date. I don't think they have a ton of holes to fill, but losing Hammond and Blunt will certainly be impactful. And I don't think at this point they've signed any newcomers (transfers or 2023s). Curious to see how their roster fills out as they try to keep this momentum they have going.

#479 ·
Binghamton gets another in Arkansas-Little Rock transfer Chris Walker. 6’6” guard with three years of eligibility. Missed 2021-22 due to injury and averaged 7.2 points, 2.8 boards and 1.5 assists in 20.8 minutes per game this past season as a RS-freshman
Sounds pretty promising. Those are really solid numbers for a first year player. Plus good size.

#484 ·
We’ll see. They’ve got to replace starters Falko, Gibson and Hinckson, as well as McGriff (playing time dwindled but he still had a big moment or two this year, one of which directly have Binghamton a win) and Akuwovo (who also had some key performances).

They’ve seemed to do well enough so far with a few portal pick-ups in Chenery and Walker (and Torrence?), and I like a couple of the incoming freshmen too. But is it enough to replace what they lost, let alone take another step forward?

#495 ·
Late on the Daniels news, but good for UNH. Daniels was probably more important to UNH than any one player was to any other AE school last season (don't fight me on this, UVM fans...). And he might end up being the best player out of the portal (even if he was just testing the waters while wearing floaties) coming into the league this upcoming year. Total perspective changer for the Wildcats.

Kinda makes you wonder if UNH had spent less time dicking around in finding a coach if maybe they could have salvaged Nick Johnson as well.

#498 ·
Thomas seems like a solid add, no? Especially with some of the concerns I read from UA fans regarding the point guard position.

Numbers aren’t eye-popping, but A10 is a better league than AE and he was only a sophomore. Could blossom as an upperclassman in the AE?

Unrelated… seems like Prashant Hill from DeMatha is being under-recruited. We’ve seen players from this program go through this before—Thomas Bruce at Binghamton, Steve Settle at Howard, for example—only to flourish at the collegiate level. He’s got skills from clips I’ve seen, especially for a kid his size (~6’6”). Surprised there’s really nothing online linking him to any universities. Maybe he’s the one-of-a-kind kid who doesn’t share his offers via Twitter?