Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard any news on another pro sports team in Brooklyn to share this new arena? If Ratner can find another team (IE Hockey) he would have another source of revenue. Besides the Nets/Devils aren't there a few other teams that share their 'home'?

Just thinking about the more revenue that they make, possibly the more they will spend.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Petey said:
Has anyone heard any news on another pro sports team in Brooklyn to share this new arena? If Ratner can find another team (IE Hockey) he would have another source of revenue. Besides the Nets/Devils aren't there a few other teams that share their 'home'?

Just thinking about the more revenue that they make, possibly the more they will spend.

-Petey

Knicks and Rangers, and look how BAD those 2 teams are.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KingofNewark said:
Knicks and Rangers, and look how BAD those 2 teams are.
Well they both are the highest spending teams in their sport. Maybe in part because they don't have huge rent issues from being a team that has to support their arena on their own?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i havent heard of any other sports team going there. i would like for the arena to be built for basketball only because i think it will allow fans to be closer to the action and make it more of a home court advantage for us. plus you know they will have concerts/circus/events at the arena when basketball is in the offseason. you know they will have something going on at the arena. plus NY already has islanders/rangers i would be hard to create a fanbase for a new hockey team in the area.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Maybe the Islanders will move there down the road. I know they are not happy with Nassau Coliseum. I think there is a train stop along the LIRR at that Atlantic station. Would make sense.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
List of Teams sharing a stadium

LA kings+Lakers and Clippers/ staples center
Toronto Maple Leafs+Raptors/ Air Canada Center
New York Rangers+Knicks/ madison square garden
Philly Phlyers+76ers/ Wachovia Center
Washington Capitals+Wizards/ MCI Center
Chicago Blackhawks+Bulls/ United Center
Boston Bruins+Celtics/ Fleet Center
Colorado Avalanche+(Denver) Nuggets/ Pepsi Center
Phoenix Coyotes+Suns/ America West stadium
New Jersey Devils+Nets/ Continental Airlines Arena

I don't see any team on that list wanting to move anytime soon. So I don't think we will be sharing an arena for a while.

Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NetsanityJoe said:
i havent heard of any other sports team going there. i would like for the arena to be built for basketball only because i think it will allow fans to be closer to the action and make it more of a home court advantage for us. plus you know they will have concerts/circus/events at the arena when basketball is in the offseason. you know they will have something going on at the arena. plus NY already has islanders/rangers i would be hard to create a fanbase for a new hockey team in the area.
I don't how well concerts and other events will go over with MSG so close.

That's why it would be nice to have a 2nd team, and have around 40 dates covered.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
tr_west said:
I don't see any team on that list wanting to move anytime soon. So I don't think we will be sharing an arena for a while.
The Devils wants to move, but I can't see them moving to NY/Brooklyn.

A basketball and hockey team combo is really the ideal tenant in an arena/center/colliseum.

Maybe they should get a WNBA team to play during the summer.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
tr_west said:
List of Teams sharing a stadium

LA kings+Lakers and Clippers/ staples center
Toronto Maple Leafs+Raptors/ Air Canada Center
New York Rangers+Knicks/ madison square garden
Philly Phlyers+76ers/ Wachovia Center
Washington Capitals+Wizards/ MCI Center
Chicago Blackhawks+Bulls/ United Center
Boston Bruins+Celtics/ Fleet Center
Colorado Avalanche+(Denver) Nuggets/ Pepsi Center
Phoenix Coyotes+Suns/ America West stadium
New Jersey Devils+Nets/ Continental Airlines Arena

don't forget Arena football, I know Arizona has a team that runs through there. Actually the Hockey team in Phx has moved out into their own arena. yea that's pretty long list of teams that share venues. It's not as bad as stadiums where the football teams tear the turf up for the baseball teams...ie Oakland.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
don't forget Arena football, I know Arizona has a team that runs through there. Actually the Hockey team in Phx has moved out into their own arena. yea that's pretty long list of teams that share venues. It's not as bad as stadiums where the football teams tear the turf up for the baseball teams...ie Oakland.
Yeah I hate watching football games that have the baseball field in it. It looks like crap. I know Philly has an arena football team, but I believe they play in the Spectrum, the older arena, along with the minor league hockey team. So I wouldn't imagine too many arean league teams are in a big name arena.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tr_west said:
Yeah I hate watching football games that have the baseball field in it. It looks like crap. I know Philly has an arena football team, but I believe they play in the Spectrum, the older arena, along with the minor league hockey team. So I wouldn't imagine too many arean league teams are in a big name arena.
The NY Dragons play where the Islanders do.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
faNETicS said:
The Devils wants to move, but I can't see them moving to NY/Brooklyn.

A basketball and hockey team combo is really the ideal tenant in an arena/center/colliseum.

Maybe they should get a WNBA team to play during the summer.
well the Devils are moving to Newark,NJ and NY has the Liberty WNBA team. I doubt the WNBA would have 2 in NY when they would want to expand to markets who currently do not have a team.

i was thinking, we all know Jay-Z is involved with us now. so what about Jay-Z maybe hosting musical events at Brooklyn Arena (i think thats going to be the name of the arena,not totally sure). he could use it as a platform for his new artists, kind of like what comedy clubs do. he can have up and comers and well-known people like p.diddy/50cent and whoever else. i know that wouldnt fill up the entire calender, but its something that can be done b/c i cant see another sports team go there. they can fill the place by brining like MotoX and Disney-on-Ice or some shows like that and have car shows. you know they will get plenty of things at the arena, but another sports team i doubt right away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts