Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

(1) Illinois Fighting Illini (33-1) vs. (9) Nevada Wolfpack (25-6)
Date: Saturday
Time: 4:40 PM CT
TV: CBS

(1) Illinois Fighting Illini (33-1)
Round 1 - (1) Illinois defeated (16) Fairleigh Dickinson 67-55

Probable Starting Lineup:

Guard Dee Brown: Season - 13.5 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 4.5 APG | Tournament - 19.0 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 2.0 APG
Guard Deron Williams: Season - 12.0 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 6.5 APG | Tournament - 8.0 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 6.0 APG
Guard Luther Head: Season - 15.7 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 3.9 APG | Tournament - 13.0 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 5.0 APG
Forward Roger Powell: Season - 11.9 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 0.4 APG | Tournament - 5.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.0 APG
Forward James Augustine: Season - 10.2 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.2 APG | Tournament - 11.0 PPG, 15.0 RPG, 0.0 APG

Bench:
Jack Ingram: Season - 3.9 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 0.4 APG | Tournament - 6.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.0 APG
Nick Smith: Season - 3.6 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 0.7 APG | Tournament - 2.0 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 1.0 APG
Rich McBride: Season - 2.1 PPG, 1.5 RPG, 0.9 APG | Tournament - 0.0 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 0.0 APG
Warren Carter: Season - 2.6 PPG, 1.9 RPG, 0.1 APG | Tournament - 3.0 PPG, 0.0 RPG, 0.0 APG
Shaun Pruitt: Season - 1.4 PPG, 0.9 RPG, 0.0 APG | Tournament - DNP
Fred Nkemdi: Season - 0.7 PPG, 0.3 RPG, 0.1 APG | Tournament - DNP

(9) Nevada Wolfpack (25-6)
Round 1 - (9) Nevada defeated (8) Texas 61-57

Starters:

Guard Ramon Sessions: Season - 9.2 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 5.1 APG | Tournament - 11.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 4.0 APG
Guard Kyle Shiloh: Season - 5.2 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 2.8 APG | Tournament - 6.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 3.0 APG
Forward Jermaine Washington: Season - 6.9 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 1.6 APG | Tournament - 7.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 2.0 APG
Forward Kevinn Pinkney: Season - 12.2 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 1.2 APG | Tournament - 15.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 0.0 APG
Forward Nick Fazekas: Season - 21.0 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 0.9 APG | Tournament - 10.0 PPG, 13.0 RPG, 0.0 APG

Bench:
Mo Charlo: Season - 9.4 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.1 APG | Tournament - 12.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.0 APG
Chad Bell: Season - 3.1 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 0.4 APG | Tournament - 0.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.0 APG
Seth Taylor: Season - 2.6 PPG, 1.1 RPG, 0.7 APG | Tournament - 0.0 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 0.0 APG
David Ellis: Season - 1.6 PPG, 1.4 RPG, 0.1 APG | Tournament - DNP
Curry Lynch: Season - 0.2 PPG, 0.2 RPG, 0.4 APG | Tournament - DNP

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Halftime: Illini 34 - Wolfpack 27

Who the heck said we dont have any big men? :laugh:

Augustine is on a roll the last 5 games.. 17 pts on 6-7 shooting with 2 boards and 1 block.. 4 pts already away from his career high.. Oh yeah Faz is having trouble going up against Augie..

Ingram already has a season high with 8 pts and also has 2 boards, 1 block, 2 steals.

Deron Williams: 2 pts (1-5), 4 boards, 4 dimes
Dee Brown: 0 pts (0-1), 1 board, 3 dimes, 1 steal
Luther Head: 5 pts (2-4), 4 boards, 3 dimes

I love what I see from Augie and Big Jack.. People always mention the guards but today look at what Augustine and Ingram are doing.. Credit to the guards for setting them up aswell..

One more thing.. God Fazekas has 4 pts on 2/11 shooting and just 4 boards.. :clap:

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Go Illini! :wordyo:

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
sboydell said:
Dee Brown 0 points

James Augstine 23?

must be a box score mistake
It's NOT.

Dee Brown hasn't scored from the field and Illini is winning the game.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Hmmmm..... what did I write back in January?

Illinois is just good, but it's not their guards like everyone says. Oh sure, they're great, but Augustine and Powell make that team go.

But seriously, who the HELL is Ingram? On BOTH of those threes everyone in the Kohl Center is like "SHOOT!!!!" and he inexplicably drained them both!? Incredible.
And now Illinois has a free pass to the Elite 8, much respect to my hometown Panthers, but Illinois should just run away with the game.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have paid attention to the Illini lately you would know our best player has been Augustine the last 5 games but of course you havent. Did you even watch this game? Dee was playing sick with a stomach virus, had cramps, only took 4 shots, and got knocked the hell outta his world in a collision.. With that said.. He still came back and played.. That's why I love Dee.. He never gives up.. He brings the effort and energy to Illinois basketball.

Very magnificent job by Augustine and Ingram tonight.. Oh yeah.. How about the kid Deron Williams? :clap:

One more thing.. Bruce Pearl.. Bring it ***** :curse:

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
If you have paid attention to the Illini lately you would know our best player has been Augustine the last 5 games but of course you havent. Did you even watch this game? Dee was playing sick with a stomach virus, had cramps, only took 4 shots, and got knocked the hell outta his world in a collision.. With that said.. He still came back and played.. That's why I love Dee.. He never gives up.. He brings the effort and energy to Illinois basketball.

Very magnificent job by Augustine and Ingram tonight.. Oh yeah.. How about the kid Deron Williams? :clap:

One more thing.. Bruce Pearl.. Bring it ***** :curse:
Your act of no one knowing anything about Illinois is getting tiresome. as is your whining whenever UNC is brought into the picture. So are your current actions of kicking people when there down (Kansas last night, Fazekas today).

Don't whine when people taunt you if Illinois loses.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
JuniorNoboa said:
Your act of no one knowing anything about Illinois is getting tiresome. as is your whining whenever UNC is brought into the picture. So are your current actions of kicking people when there down (Kansas last night, Fazekas today).

Don't whine when people taunt you if Illinois loses.
My act of telling the truth about what is going on with my team currently meaning Augustine being the man the past 5 games is getting old? It's not my fault most people only know about our guards.. Hello I just now stated he has been taking over to people that havent been following the team! What the ****in hell is wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.

My whining on UNC hasnt happened recently.. Go find a post where I have bashed em.. All I said was how can you be impressed with a team beating up a team that doesnt even have a winning record? Why would I be jealous of them this year when my team is just as good? That's right.. I'm not.. It does however get old hearing how UNC is the best team and yada yada yada.. That's what the court is for.. if that match happens.. We'll find out..

I have every right to run Kansas down.. I have every right to run down the guy that was suppose to light us up tonight aswell..

I wont whine, if, Illinois loses.. I'll give that team credit as I have to the only team that beat us..

Unlike you who hasnt even said a word until this post because of your hatred towards me due to venting off your Syracuse team losing to Vermont.. You just now decided to show up magically and decide to try and bash me?

Next person... Please...

One more thing if any of you dont like what I post.. Ignore it.. It's not that hard! If you wanna debate with me feel free I have no problem with that..

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
The ignore it stuff is BS.

If your going to post crap like no one knows about the Illinois team, your going to get called out on it. The ignore me, is B.S. You post in an open forum like everyone is idiots when it comes about Illinois, well don't say we should ignore you.

And there's a search function. I have made quite a few posts since last night's loss. My calling you out has nothing to do with Syracuse's loss. It's because your being foolish.

Hate's a strong word.... I don't hate you.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright you dont have to ignore it..

Nah ****.. I'm gonna get called out.. But the person asked if that was a mistake and I just stated the obvious.. That doesnt mean a damn thing.. I never said anyone was an idiot when it comes to Illinois nor did I post any "crap" to anyone.. A Person asked a simple question and I said something. Wether it was wrong or not I'll never know.. I dont think it was wrong..

Ok, so you dislike me.. Not much difference..

I dont care anymore.. This isnt worth responding to but I'm almost certain this was a simple little matter and all I did was say something about Illinois to someone that asked and you jump on me?

Let's just stop going at it for no reason.. This is 'nothin to me..

Plain and simple all I did was mention how Augustine is playing and if nobody likes what I said including you, then so be it..

I'm done..

Now, does anyone wanna talk about the game?

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
wtf it was a joke next time I should just put a simile I was implying what you just said about Augustine and the guards that people only know about the guards everything people say on the message board is taken seriously :no:

I was watching the game live FYI and yes I have seen the last games the ohio state, minnesota, wisconsin, fdu and now nevada and have seen plenty of Illinois games

and I'm now sorry to say I did have them in my final four and winning it all (in my bracket pool and in yahoo you can go check USER ID: Waspod, but hey I don't know anything and have no idea what I'm talking about so Illinois must suck balls then :rolleyes: how dare I pick them to win the championship shame on me

·
Registered
697 Posts
why is augustine supposed to go 59th in next years draft at draftcity? and he's not even on the board on nbadraft.net.. am i the only one who thinks he'll easily be a solid 6th-7th man in the nba, (and he's the kind of player team's look for). i wouldnt be surprised if he made it into the late first round..if he goes in the late second he'll be a very good steal imo.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sboydell - How the heck would I know if you watched Illinois the past games.. I just figured you didnt.. Sorry for that misunderstanding on my part.. My bad!!

Pure - Because he just started finding his true talent about a week or so ago.. One more thing, he's only a junior.. Has time to improve still..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Sboydell - How the heck would I know if you watched Illinois the past games.. I just figured you didnt.. Sorry for that misunderstanding on my part.. My bad!!

Pure - Because he just started finding his true talent about a week or so ago.. One more thing, he's only a junior.. Has time to improve still..

Not just the last few games (which he's been really good), but everytime i watch illinois he's always hustling, getting boards, rotating the ball well, playing good help defense, and he doesn't take many ill-advised shots. he'll be a good role player in the nba imo, which warrants a late first/early second round pick.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright your correct but his last few games he's shown that he can be good if he can start being consistent.. The thing with him is he's hustling and into the game more now than he has ever been.. He also has a developing mid-range jumper shot and that should help him in the long run.. Give him a year and I think he'll be a Late 1st - Early 2nd Rd. pick.. More than likely IMHO a 2nd Rounder..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts