Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ralph Lawler: We won't know about Jordan until we get through the Summer League and the training camp. The club shares your concern about the point guard position, and it will be further addressed either via free agency or through a trade.

I'm not sure that the team's starting point guard is on the roster yet. Let's be patient.

So I guess a trade will happened......

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
leidout said:
Lionel Chalmers... Daniel Ewing... Jared Jordan.

Hopefully third time is the charm for our 2nd round PG picks.
Man, I'm always coming up with the racist crap....

Lionel Chalmers = Not White
Daniel Ewing = Not White
Diaz = Not white.

Jared Jordan = White

hahaha... sorry.. I just had to make fun of it.

No, third time isn't a charm, and we don't know how well Diaz will translate yet, but even though we haven't had much luck with 2nd round PG's yet, think about it.

Ewing was more of a Shooting guard with suspect ball handling, great shooter and defender though. And Chalmers... eh... don't get me started, he was horrible even in college. Diaz, hasn't played in a pro game, but he seems to be a huge scoring point guard.

Jordan is different from them in that he's definitely a ball handler, and definitely a passer. Shooting can improve over time, and besides, not all PG's need a good shooting touch.

I'm happier about picking Jordan over picking all the other PG's in the 2nd round in the past. Hell, I wouldn't have cared if we used the 14th pick for Jordan.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
maybe he can be garbage steve blake, he played at frickan marist the last 4 years. I bet half the aau teams out there can beat marist consistently

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
knickstorm said:
maybe he can be garbage steve blake, he played at frickan marist the last 4 years. I bet half the aau teams out there can beat marist consistently
You really don't what you're talking about. Marist went 25-9 and 14-4 in the MAAC. They also beat Old Dominion and Oklahoma State last year, please do the research before you speak.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Why do people say Nash isn't athletic? He is very fast and quick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nash is neither fast nor quick. What he is, is a player that has honed his skills to the point that it looks that way. Slight of hand type of skills. Nash is able to move in such fluidity with the ball that defenders cannot determine what he is going to do...basically he mezmerize them and usually the rest of the team given him enough time to pick and choose exactly what he wants to do. Add to that his depth shooting, and you really have a task at hand. You should watch him more closely to really appreciate this skill he has. We haven't even talked about his vision. It also helps when your eyes point in two different directions...no I am serious.

This is the reason why I personally love the pick of *Jordan. He has the vision; check/ he's got the floor leadership; check/ from what I've seen of him he's close in the ball handling skills; half check/ It's seems he just needs to work on his shooting skills.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, one thing is certain. picking jared jordan in the second round is for sure better than picking lionel chalmers in the second round. -Yam

Well I agree with you on that. That was just a cheap attempt to boost my post count. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Also, Jordan seems to have been able to keep his overmatched team in the game against better opponents, so it's obvious he had made everyone around him better up to this point... how it translates to the NBA, I hope we find out this season.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts