1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

James Augustine to play for Weber again
By: Kedric Prince
Date: Mar 29, 2006

Illini Head Coach Bruce Weber will be patrolling the sidelines of Conseco Fieldouse on Friday, March 31, leading a collection of senior all-stars against the Harlem Globetrotters in the annual NABC College All-Star Game. One of the seniors on Weber¹s squad will be a familiar face in Illinois James Augustine. The NABC All-Star Game is set for 7:30 p.m. Indianapolis Time on Friday.

The game will air tape-delayed on ESPNU on Friday at 10 p.m. CT.

[Here]

College Team:
Greg Brunner, Forward, Iowa
Bobby Jones, Forward, Washington
James Augustine, Forward, Illinois
Carl Krauser, Guard, Pittsburgh
Vincent Grier, Guard/Forward, Minnesota
Steve Novak, Forward, Marquette
Steve Smith, Forward, Lasalle
Chris Quinn, Guard, Nortre Dame
Marco Killingsworth, Forward, Indiana
Squeaky Johnson, Guard, UAB
Cameron Bennerman, Guard/Forward, N.C. State
Brandon Bowman, Forward, Georgetown

Coaches:
Roy Williams, North Carolina
Bruce Weber, Illinois

(That's all I've gathered!)

·
Premium Member
27,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS DROP 87-83 CONTEST TO COLLEGE ALL-STARS

(INDIANAPOLIS, March 31, 2006) - Despite leading by 11 at the intermission, 44-33, the Harlem Globetrotters dropped a 87-83 contest to the NABC College All-Stars on Friday night before nearly 11,000 fans at Conseco Fieldhouse.

The Globetrotters led the entire first half and built their biggest lead, 43-31, on a lay-up by guard Scooter McFadgon with 58-seconds before the intermission. The Globetrotters blistered the nets in the first half, hitting .514-percent (18-of-35) from the field, with McFadgon leading the way with 21 first half points. The College All-Stars, piloted by University of Illinois Head Coach Bruce Weber, clawed their way back into the contest in the second half. The collegians took their first lead, 53-52, on a Cameron Bennerman (North Carolina State) lay-up with 12:36 remaining in the game. The College All-Stars would lead by as much as 11, 76-65, in the second half. The Globetrotters closed it to one point, 84-83, with seven seconds remaining on a three-point jumper by Keiron "Sweet Pea" Shine.

A 5-10 point guard, the Globetrotters' Shine and Bobby Jones (University of Washington) of the College All-Stars were named Most Valuable Players. Shine tallied 14 of his 19 points in the second half, while Jones recorded eight points and a game-high nine rebounds for the winners. McFadgon finished with a game-high 25 points.

[Here]

NABC College All-Stars 87, Harlem Globetrotters 83
Ex-IU standout leads rally

When former Indiana forward Marco Killingsworth was approached about playing against the Harlem Globetrotters, he was skeptical. Thoughts of trick shots and acrobatic dunks filled his head.

"At first I thought it was going to be one of those teams that were going to do all that crazy stuff," Killingsworth said. "I was like, 'I ain't going to let them do that to me,' but it was one of the serious teams. They came out and competed."

Killingsworth contributed 12 points and four rebounds as his NABC College All-Stars beat the Globetrotters 87-83 Friday night in front of 10,921 spectators at Conseco Fieldhouse.

All-Stars coach Bruce Weber, from Illinois, grew more intense as his squad came back from an 11-point halftime deficit. "Sometimes they play off the coach, so if you show like it means something, they play like that," Weber said.

[Here]

Globetrotters 296 game win streak is over!

I missed the game though after seeing the first two or three.. jerseys reminded me of that Illini/Wisconsin game.. horrible to see who was who!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.