Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By MAC ENGEL

STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

IRVING -- The NFL released its early figures from its Pro Bowl fan balloting, and Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe leads NFC passers with 325,526 votes. Guard Larry Allen tops all guards with 121,646 votes, and Roy Williams is first among strong safeties with 69,618 votes.

Seattle Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander, with 499,289 votes, leads all players in balloting.

The teams will be announced on Dec. 21 on the 2006 Pro Bowl Selection Show on ESPN. The Pro Bowl will be played in Hawaii on Sunday, February 12 and televised by ESPN.

Fan voting will continue through Dec. 13.

The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group’s vote counts one-third towards determining the 43-man rosters that represent the AFC and NFC in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on December 19-20.
This is great. Bledsoe is having a great year, as is Roy and Larry.

Good news for our guys.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
you know I never really pay attention to the line when im watching football, but for those of you like me who dont look very often next game look at how larry allen totally dominates whoever is put in front of him physically...its disgusting..he bench presses 700 pounds.....360 pounds more than me and 510 pounds more than my weight...he is a monster of a man

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Chalie Boy said:
you know I never really pay attention to the line when im watching football, but for those of you like me who dont look very often next game look at how larry allen totally dominates whoever is put in front of him physically...its disgusting..he bench presses 700 pounds.....360 pounds more than me and 510 pounds more than my weight...he is a monster of a man
Sucks that he's getting old....

:no:

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stevemc said:
Sucks that he's getting old....

:no:

If only we could clone him and make him younger.....

We used to have a beast of an OL.....Mark Tunei, Larry Allen, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Erik Williams.

That line move defenses several yards downfield.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Roy Williams is really starting to be a coverage safety more... a year or two ago he would wait until the receiver caught the ball and then just come up and pop him, regardless that hes one of the hardest hitting Safeties/Players in the league... receivers would usually hold onto the ball.......

but now hes starting to play the ball more.... won the game for us last Monday against the Eagles with that great interception return.........

Drew Bledsoe surprised me....... when we first picked him up this year I thought that it was a bad move being that hes so old we cant really get too many more years out of him and that he would probably end up another Testaverde.... but hes proved me wrong...

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bledsoe has really surprised me. I am glad to be eating crow on that one. I thought at best, he'd be a mild upgrade over Vinny.

Instead, Bledsoe is having a Pro Bowl Season.

Roy's coverage has improved immensily too. Glad to see that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts