Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and 4 of the next 5 on the road.

@ Houston, @ Hornets, @ Grizzlies, vs Wizards, @ Portland.

Depending on how the trip goes, Clips can either pretty much clinch the 5th seed or drop to 6th. Memphis is 2.5 back and with a win they'll be just 1.5 back not counting the other games so far. Hornets need a win to stay in the playoff hunt in the West and Houston needs a win to keep any hope that they may have alive to make the playoffs even without Tracy. The Wiz can potentially jump up to 5th in the East and a win for them would be big. Portland might not want to win the rest of the way to get more ping pong balls.

What I think Clippers will do over the next 5? 4-1 with the only loss being at the hands of the Rockets.

@ Houston: 89-103 Rockets
@ Hornets: 97-87 Clippers
@ Grizzlies: 99-94 Clippers
vs Wizards: 109-85 Clippers
@ Portland: 87-85 Clippers

:banana: Improving to a 42-27 record and clinching the 5th seed. Also clinching a record of .500 or better.

· Registered
193 Posts
Four of the five are on the road...there are no easy road wins.
I think this three-game road trip will be very interesting in terms of how hard the Clips battle for wins and whether they start to find that "higher gear" they'll need for the playoffs.

· Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
universal! said:
Why the loss to the Rockets? I see Memphis giving the Clips more problems, for one Memphis has better shooters.
Kaman vs Yao.

Game 1 This year: Kaman: 1 Point/3 Boards/0-4 FG/0 Steals/1 Block
Game 2: 7 Points/7 Boards/1-3 FG/2 Steals/0 Blocks
Game 3: 11 Points/7 Boards/3-7 FG/1 Steal/1 Block

Averages vs Yao: 6.3/5.7/28.5% FG/1 Steal/.67 Blocks
Season Averages: 11.6/9.5/51.7%/.6 Steals/1.48 Blocks

He's been horrible vs Houston except for steals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.