Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. players stats in the offensive team vs defensive teams (e.g. Francisco vs Bibby)

2. players stats in a good team vs in a bad team (e.g. Boozer vs A Walker)

3. players stats for starter vs bench

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually, the players in the offensive team has better stats;

Usually, the players with the bad team has better stats;

Usually, the starters has better stats.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you put C Butler on Mavs or kings last season, his stats will be different.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
People are always saying that, but I don't believe it. They may get to take more shots, but besides that how is it easier to get good stats? You get worse quality shots, it's harder to make assists, nobody has got your back if you gamble for steals... I don't get it.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
I dont agree with this either. I think most people assume this is true, but I dont think it is necessarily easier to get better stats on a bad team, especially offensive stats.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I agree with the idea that you can't compare stats from a good team and a bad team.

not because it is "easier" to pad stats on a bad team (there is another problem, how you define bad, i don't think a team is bad just because it is losing, nor is it just history... i think it is a organizational problem, of having a system and chemistry- winning, or better yet being a contender, is part of that).

the reason you cannot compare is because the players are being asked to do different things with different kind of pressure. it is very different being the back up poing guard for the kings, then being the back up point guard for the hawks. Players on contending teams have to do a lot more to keep their jobs, from following coach instructions/adapting to team to performing consistently against players trying to make a name for themselves.

it can be "easier" to pad stats in either team depending on the circumstance but their is little question that one job requires much more than the other. which is why I would base any speculations on whether player X could produce on contender Z on ability and character more than statistics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.