5,643 Posts
Lutete, El darwich, Ellison, Fleming

Lamb is likely to be busy.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Lutete, El darwich, Ellison, Fleming

Lamb is likely to be busy.
doing what? prepping for NBDL or Europe?

ESPN Jonathan Givony released his updated mock this morning..Lamb has completely fallen off and not even in the top 60 players. Looking at top 100..he's down to 81 and falling. Will make a ton of money in Europe. He should participate in this thing and get some cash...

For my money I go Lamb, Ellison, Clark

·
Realist/A-hole
5,643 Posts
doing what? prepping for NBDL or Europe?

ESPN Jonathan Givony released his updated mock this morning..Lamb has completely fallen off and not even in the top 60 players. Looking at top 100..he's down to 81 and falling. Will make a ton of money in Europe. He should participate in this thing and get some cash...

For my money I go Lamb, Ellison, Clark
Prepping for Portsmouth/combine/workouts is what I suspect, but it's just that.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Yeah, this isn't about NBA Draft fantasies. But it's probably about some pre-draft workouts, and Summer League possibilities, and other stuff of that nature. 3x3, as noted, is a great way to make a little cash. But Lamb has a better opportunity than other eligible conference players to do things that are going to make him cash. Next year, and the next year, and the next year.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah, this isn't about NBA Draft fantasies. But it's probably about some pre-draft workouts, and Summer League possibilities, and other stuff of that nature. 3x3, as noted, is a great way to make a little cash. But Lamb has a better opportunity than other eligible conference players to do things that are going to make him cash. Next year, and the next year, and the next year.
I wouldn't be surprised either way if Lamb plays in it (presuming UVM isn't in the final 4). One would think training for Portsmouth etc would make sense, however last year's CAA crew that won the title did have guys who went through the draft process afterwards (Justin Wright Foreman was drafted IIRC), so who knows. The AE teams have played pretty well in the first two years of it, and I'll certainly be tuning in again to watch it regardless of who's repping the AE.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I agree with Bosi in that at this point I'm quite confident Lamb will not be invited to the Combine but I'm sure he will play at Portsmouth. The combine invitations seem to stress size/athleticism above all else and are much harder to come by versus an invitation to the PIT, especially when you are a senior star who has been on the block compared to ACC one-and-done's.

Even if the dates themselves don't conflict with each other I still think Lamb will prioritize other interests over this Dosequis 3x3 tournament. My guess is Everett will get a selection though.

This tournament seems to prioritize the league's iconic four-year seniors, which may be enough for Fleming to get the nod. It's also quick, athletic two-way players who do the best in 3x3, which fits the mold of the below roster.
E. Duncan
Fleming
Lutete
Ellison

·
Gr8t Dane
696 Posts
When does this get announced? Looking through the players listed as seniors, I have:

Primary Choices:
  • Lamb
  • Ellison
  • Lutete
  • Clark
Alternates:
  • Flemming
  • KJ Jackson
  • Ev Duncan
  • Traci Carter
Guard/wing oriented teams tend to do better in this format from what I saw, but the league doesn't have a real dominant big to put on the roster. The goal would normally be two scoring ball handlers, an athletic wing, and a big. Set your rotation based on who you are playing. I could see Ellison not selected as he has only been in the AE for one year. I'd think the exposure of the event could help Lamb as the style of play in this is more NBA like, but could also see him sit it out to start working out for teams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts