Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard three teams as the thrid team in the deal and I've pretty much just guessed on what they might be doing.

1. there's of course the Kings who are clearing cap for Bibby so:
Kings trade: Doug Christie, Gerald Wallace
Kings receive: Ricky Davis, 3.5 mil cash
Cavs trade: Andre Miller, Ricky Davis, DeSagana Diop, 3 mil cash
Cavs receive: Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, Melvin Ely, Harold Jamison
Clippers trade: Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, Melvin Ely, Harold Jamison, 0.5 mil cash
Clippers receive: Andre Miller, DeSagana Diop, Doug Christie, Gerald Wallace

this gives the Kings roughly 10 mil of space for Bibby assuming Davis is signed to under 6.5 mil, it keeps Q and DMiles together for Clevelands benefit, and the Clipps get Dre, a vet SG, and two raw atheltes.

2. then there's the Nugz who are after Ricky Davis:
Nugz trade: James Posey, Carlos Arroyo
Nugz receive: Ricky Davis
Cavs trade: Andre Miller, Ricky Davis, DeSagana Diop, Jeff Trepagnier
Cavs receive: James Posey, Carlos Arroyo, Darius Miles, Quenitin Richardson, Melvin Ely, Harold Jamison
Clipps trade: Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, Harold Jamison
Clipps receive: Andre Miller, DeSagana Diop, Jeff Trepagnier
this accomplishes the Nugz' goal within their budget, it gets the Cavs their basic goods excluding Ely, and the Clipps get their stuff.

3. and also there's the Bulls who are seemingly after Ricky Davis:
Bulls trade: Marcus Fizer, Jamal Crawford
Bulls receive: Ricky Davis, Harold Jamison, 1 mil cash
Cavs trade: Andre Miller, Ricky Davis, DeSagana Diop, Jeff Trepagnier, future 1st
Cavs receive: Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, Marcus Fizer, Jamal Crawford
Clipps trade: Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, Harold Jamison, 1 mil cash,
Clipps receive: Andre Miller, DeSagana Diop, Jeff Trepagnier, future 1st from Cleveland

and of course there are others but these are the 3 most likely 3 ways although the players could be different (ie: Q may not be traded and the Bulls could give other stuff for Davis)

·
Registered
983 Posts
I do not think any of the 3 happen.

The clips arent dealing Miles and Q. They are dealing Miles(if the rumor is true).

All the Clippers are giving up is Miles and Jamison. They won't be giving anything else up. If they were, the names would have been mentioned in the rumors. The Clips wont give up anything else substantial.

And, the Clippers are not going to acquire Doug Christie. That crap started with hoopsworld, and they are full of idiots. The Clips most definitely will not take Christie and his contract, when they have Miller, Odom, Brand, and Kandi to re-up at 60mill+ a piece. It will not happen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you will NOT see Doug christie in a Clips uniform as he creates more of a logjam and too big a contract....

From the quotes I am seeing from BD, he seems to be backing down from his total opposition to playing in New Orleans. Now it is a wait and see attitude. My gut feeling is he will stay and take the max offer that is on the table. I bet that max offer scared away Sterling who has other large contracts to deal with this year, and in the near future. We all know that Sterling bases his success on the money made, not the record of his team. So all of us who love the Clips will never taste the joy that the Laker fans feel. NEVER. It is a shame that we have such an owner, but that is life.

I agree with other posts that Dre did his work on a mediocre team. I think he will not look as good on this team as he will be outshined by their level of play. SOme say he will be better with better athletes. I hope that is the case, but I doubt it. There is still some talk around the net about the possibility of seeing Gary Paton here. What do you guys think of that move? A very experienced veteran could lead our young kiddie corp!

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Are you kidding?! Miles, Q, and Ely. No way!

If a deal happens, the Clipps will trade Miles and Jamison. I'd rather the Clippers trade Odom, but it looks like it will be Darius.

You have the Clippers getting guys like Diop, Trepaigner, Christie, and Wallace. They don't want any of those guys, they just want Miller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.