George "Iceman" Gervin
Bernard King
Bob Mcadoo
Connie Hawkins

A very illustrious club.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I'm surprised the "Iceman" is on that list. He was before my time, but I didn't think he shot above 50%, or scored 30 PPG. I guess I need to learn more about Spurs history.

Anyway, that is a very "illustrious" club. It's something that can't easily be done in the modern day.

·
Premium Member
100,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!

Agreed. This is one of the most impressive stats to achieve. I'm surprise Shaq hasn't made that list, even in this age of decreased scoring...
He's been very close a few times. He averages 27.5 ppg for his career, yet has never averaged 30+ points per game for a season. Fascinating, really if you think about it how consistent he's been over his career. He's shot well over 50% every season, this year is actually his worst shooting season of his career(even though he leads the league at 55.5%). He's scored 29.7, 29.3, 29.3, 28.7, 28.3, but never over 30.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I was surprised that the Big O wasn't on the list so I looked up his stats. He was either one or the other each of his first 8 years in the league but never both. Am I correct that Jordan and Gervin are the only SGs on the list?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Some other guys who came close:

Jerry West- 2 years over 30 ppg while shooting 49.7%

Larry Bird- was 5 points short in '87-'88 (final avg was 29.9 ppg)

Nate Archibald- 48.8% the year he led the league in scoring and assists. Would be the only PG on the list.

The actual numbers on Oscar Robertson:

30.5 ppg, 47.3%
30.8 ppg, 47.8%
51.8%, 28.3 ppg
31.4 ppg, 48.3%
30.4 ppg, 48%
31.3 ppg, 47.6%
30.5 ppg, 49.3%
50%, 29.2 ppg

Amazing......

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dantley owns in the 30ppg-55% club. Damn he was good. All-time Jazz would rock. Eaton, Malone, Dantley, Maravich, Stockton. Wow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.