Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only the Kings and Wolves shoot the ball better than the Blazers.

Just noticed that stat.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
KINGSPEED=NATHAN?

Are you kingspeed...nathan?

you sound alot alike!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's where I saw it. And I looked it up. It's true!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
LOL... it is a bit deceiving, as I bet we are the worst shooting team in the league... that is... outside of 5 feet or so. You have to give certain players credit for staying within their game (Miles, Davis, Patterson). I just wish DA would stop shooting. He is horrid right now.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yes, we're tied for last in opponents' field goal percentage, but we don't let them get second shot opportunities and get a share of those ourselves. We're second in the league in fewest opponents' rebounds.

Are we stretching for stats yet?

What matters is that we're getting closer to .500 with every win, and every time we beat a western conference team ahead of us in the standings, it's that much better. Let's see what the Blazers can do against Seattle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
But with the new Line-Up and over the last ten (tonight not included) Games we allow our opponents 'just' to shoot 43%. I think they really changed the defense in some way around (Sheed in the middle, Anderson and Miles), and overall they're no longer THE worst Defensive-FG Team, Portland is tied with Orlando. Maybe it has also to do with the quality of some our opponents, but anyway, I can see improvement on defense.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, our D is rapidly improving. We have SHUT DOWN the Kings, Jazz, and Grizzlies in their buildings. We used to be sole possession of 29th place with no hope of getting 28th in FG% D. Now we're tied for 28th and close to getting 27th place.

And yes we are the 3rd best shooting team in the NBA. The whole goal of this game is to take high percentage shots and make them. We do that better than all but 2 teams in the entire NBA.

With our D improving with Sheed at center and Miles at SF, we are serious title contender. The other teams in the NBA should be very concerned.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Sorry if I'm late on something obvious here but does NathanLane = Speed?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
With our D improving with Sheed at center and Miles at SF, we are serious title contender.
That's a bit of an overstatement. We're moving into contention for making the playoffs, but that's still a far cry from being contenders to make the second round, let alone to make it to and win the finals.

One step at a time.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts