Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post number 4000 for me. Wow. Certainly has been a long road. I have enjoyed it all though. Been some tough moments for us Bulls fans but thanks to everyone for sticking it through. It will be worth it and already has been. Ok for my 4000 post I had to make it bold as only I can. You guys know me I have to make a splash. I have a bet and want anyone(as long as it is a supporting member) who is willing to take me up on it. I predict that Eddy Curry will be signed and traded this upcoming summer to a Western Conference team(I don't know who!). He will not be in a Bulls uniform after this season ends. I truly believe that. Now the bet is if I lose I will post any Eddy Curry related quote at the bottom of my posts(keep it clean!). If I win whomever takes the bet makes me a supporting member free of charge for one year.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Basghetti80 said:
Post number 4000 for me. Wow. Certainly has been a long road. I have enjoyed it all though. Been some tough moments for us Bulls fans but thanks to everyone for sticking it through. It will be worth it and already has been. Ok for my 4000 post I had to make it bold as only I can. You guys know me I have to make a splash. I have a bet and want anyone(as long as it is a supporting member) who is willing to take me up on it. I predict that Eddy Curry will be signed and traded this upcoming summer to a Western Conference team(I don't know who!). He will not be in a Bulls uniform after this season ends. I truly believe that. Now the bet is if I lose I will post any Eddy Curry related quote at the bottom of my posts(keep it clean!). If I win whomever takes the bet makes me a supporting member free of charge for one year.
Congrats!

I'd like to take you up on your bet, the problem is I agree 99%. The 1% is that I don't know for sure that Eddy will be traded to the West- but I do believe with every fiber of my being that Eddy will be traded this summer.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Basghetti80 said:
Post number 4000 for me.
This may come off as mean-spirited, but I can't help myself. I wish I were a better man. How many posts is this for you if you include those of bullhawk!, KirkHinrichismyBOO!, JohnPaxson!, inthe BLINKofaDENG!, and any other handles we can neither track nor care about?

I'd imagine if you combined all of them you've been well over 4000 for quite some time now!

;)

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Wynn said:
This may come off as mean-spirited, but I can't help myself. I wish I were a better man. How many posts is this for you if you include those of bullhawk!, KirkHinrichismyBOO!, JohnPaxson!, inthe BLINKofaDENG!, and any other handles we can neither track nor care about?

I'd imagine if you combined all of them you've been well over 4000 for quite some time now!

;)
I agree with everything Wynn! just said! Add to that that Wynn! is a genious and a beautiful man!

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Especially if the new CBA shortens contract lengths from 6 to 4 years (or 5 if signed by your current team), even if Curry commands the max, a 5-year max deal sounds a heck of a lot better than a 7-year max deal.

I wanted Crawford gone for financial reasons (i.e. knowing Jerry will only pay for winners), because it was not expected the Bulls to do so well this season. Had we kept Jamal and had another 20-30 win season, you could be sure that Uncle Jerry wouldn't have ponied up for both Chandler and Curry. Now that we have that flexibility, are winning, and considering the new CBA, I fully expect Chandler and Curry to be resigned.

That is unless Skiles and Paxson have some issue in terms of their game, season to season improvement, or off the court issues (which neither have indicated).

My expectation is that Curry will sign a 5-year deal starting around $10mil and Chandler a 5-year deal starting around $8.5mil and will be Bulls next year.

That is of course, unless they want me on the "Fire Paxson" bandwagon (after evaluating any trades, of course). So far, I have been on almost the identical page as Paxson and think he has done a terrific job. Of course, he could prove me wrong...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bullsville I really believe he will be gone. Just a crazy hunch I guess. Anyone willing to actually take me up on this?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I shall take you up on it. I have answered the call.

I will have to think of a good Eddy Curry quote, but I hereby bet thee.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Congrats, by the way, on 4,000. I'm just closing in on a quiet 1,000 myself.

As for Eddy, I don't see the Bulls trading him if he plays like he did last night...I take Pax as a man of his word and he's said he'll keep Eddy around. With all of the anti-Eddy buzz floating around (thanks, Bullsville ;) ) I feel like I need to back him up with some relatively kool-aid free support. I think he's a fine young man and a fine player...and I look for him to be in Chicago (with Skiles, if reports are to be believed) for a long, long time.

If he is traded, though, it will be to a West coast team...so I'm playing with fire here. Unfortunately, though, you're the one that's gonna get burned!

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
BealeFarange said:
Congrats, by the way, on 4,000. I'm just closing in on a quiet 1,000 myself.

As for Eddy, I don't see the Bulls trading him if he plays like he did last night...I take Pax as a man of his word and he's said he'll keep Eddy around. With all of the anti-Eddy buzz floating around (thanks, Bullsville ;) ) I feel like I need to back him up with some relatively kool-aid free support. I think he's a fine young man and a fine player...and I look for him to be in Chicago (with Skiles, if reports are to be believed) for a long, long time.

If he is traded, though, it will be to a West coast team...so I'm playing with fire here. Unfortunately, though, you're the one that's gonna get burned!
If Eddy would play all the time like he did last night, there would be no talk of trading him. I'm not psychic, but my guess would be that it is too late for Eddy to all of a sudden show Pax and Skiles that he is an agressive, assertive, dominant player. We shall see.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
white360 said:
Good work, but really it isn't that many compared to some of the best posters
It's not a competition...it's just nice to have some kind of tangible evidence that you've spent a considerable amount of time posting.

As for the "best" posters...I can't even imagine being at 20,000+...wow.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Basghetti80 said:
Congrats Bashgetti80...

Seems like forever ago when we were united in fighting off all the Jay haters. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
BealeFarange said:
It's not a competition...it's just nice to have some kind of tangible evidence that you've spent a considerable amount of time posting.

As for the "best" posters...I can't even imagine being at 20,000+...wow.
I'd rather not have any evidence. :smile:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
bullsville said:
Yeah, all the post count does is give my wife evidence that I spend too much time on the computer... :curse:
Thank goodness I have no wife, life, or friends.

:sigh:

I love you, BBB... ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Don't worry, I play enough video games. If there were a little "champion" badge for Tony Hawk or Half-Life 2, I'd have that locked UP.

:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts