Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Clippers are on a 3 game winning streak. Best of all, 2 of the 4 wins have been against LA or Miami. Any thoughts on what might've helped them suddenly pull together? They play Portland tonight to extend the streak to 5 wins and the way Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are playing, the win isn't at all out of reach.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
The Clippers are on a 4 game winning streak. Best of all, 2 of the 4 wins have been against LA or Miami. Any thoughts on what might've helped them suddenly pull together? They play Portland tonight to extend the streak to 5 wins and the way Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are playing, the win isn't at all out of reach.
4 in a row is nice, but 11 of the last 15 is what's really got people talking.

They had a team meeting back in December where they spoke about how they had to stop trying to win the game as individuals and each player needed to settle into a role. It was decided that Griffin & Gordon would be the stars and the rest of the team would do whatever it took to support them. The biggest part of it was how Baron decided to defer to the two young guys and everyone else has also bought into the idea.

As a result, the entire team has been doing everything better since then. No particular stat stands out, but you see small increases in nearly every category since December. Just simply inspired, cohesive, team basketball :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
4 in a row is nice, but 11 of the last 15 is what's really got people talking.

They had a team meeting back in December where they spoke about how they had to stop trying to win the game as individuals and each player needed to settle into a role. It was decided that Griffin & Gordon would be the stars and the rest of the team would do whatever it took to support them. The biggest part of it was how Baron decided to defer to the two young guys and everyone else has also bought into the idea.

As a result, the entire team has been doing everything better since then. No particular stat stands out, but you see small increases in nearly every category since December. Just simply inspired, cohesive, team basketball :)
Very good analysis. The biggest factor to our turn around is Baron. When he finally started contributing offensively it helped...Gorodn and Griffin were already doing their part from day one. Also I think another thing that has helped us win is a strong contribution by Ike Diogu, and three point contributions by Gomes and Aminu.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've noticed too that Baron Davis has gotten back in shape, and he's playing for a purpose now, but I feel the need to mention DeAndre Jordan. My oh my he's filled in very well for Kaman. Jordan has rebounded fantastically (so has Blake) and his defensive presence has lifted the entire team. Phil Jackson mentioned himself after the Lakers lost to the Clippers that Jordan's defense and help rebounding was the biggest difference in the game. Jordan has been great, but he knows that Blake and Eric run the team, and the CLips are one of my favorite teams because of those two specific great young men.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts