Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something we have all overlooked is that a player can be traded as part of a package within 48 hours of being aquired by a new team by trade.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
Something we have all overlooked is that a player can be traded as part of a package within 48 hours of being aquired by a new team by trade.

Just something to think about.
Do you have a source for this rule? I looked at the salary cap FAQ and it says that

A lot of media mistakenly report that a player cannot be re-traded for two months under any circumstances, even by himself. This is not true -- Danny Manning's trade from Phoenix to Orlando, and soon thereafter to Milwaukee is one example of the correct application of this trade rule. Other media reports confuse the sign-and-trade rule with this one, claiming that the player can be re-traded within 48 hours or after 60 days, but not in between.
It's possible that you're right and I'm either missing it or mis-reading the FAQ (or, heaven forbid, the FAQ is wrong) but I'd be interested in knowing with as much certainty as possible.

Ed O.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I read that on Real GM as well, it's kindaof confusing, but I think it means that there is no 48 hour provision for re-trading a player.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
Yeah I read that on Real GM as well, it's kindaof confusing, but I think it means that there is no 48 hour provision for re-trading a player.
Hrm... I wonder if this is all the confusion with the sign and trade rules (which give 48 hours for the trade to occur after the signing does) that Larry **** talks about in his FAQ?

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

Hrm... I wonder if this is all the confusion with the sign and trade rules (which give 48 hours for the trade to occur after the signing does) that Larry **** talks about in his FAQ?

Ed O.
I shall risk larry **** calling me a dimwit, but I will ask him.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I remember something like that years ago. is it possibly an old rule and went out the door the last CBA?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts