Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be absurd, but think about it

We do better on the road and Houston (assuming they creep up) are equal to us at home

Do you think we would do better at 5th than 4th?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I think we would do better at 4th especially in the playoffs. The home crowd is louder and the atmosphere is just different when you play at home in the playoffs.

·
Registered
391 Posts
We need to keep this home reocrd, but on the other hand SA will more than likely be the No.1 and we will lose our home advantage againt them in the 2nd round, just keeping the home advantage for the Huoston series will be very important though.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Yeah when you get to the playoffs it is what a lot of people say " the season doesn't matter ucz this is the playoffs". Anytime you can get home court advantage you take it.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Of course it's almost ALWAYS better to have the higher seeding. Fourth seed is good for you guys and it's good for the fans too, they get more to cheer about.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The way this team is playing it doesn't even matter if it's 4th or 5th. The Rockets are playing well both home and road now. In the playoffs good teams win no matter where the game is. There are no shortcuts because all it takes is one home loss and you've lost HCA.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Something strange is happening with us at home. Like we are cursed.

However, I think 4-th place is better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Man you just read my mind...

Anyways, after being so frustrated with all the loses in March, I began to think it might not be so bad if we fall a couple spots down.

Though I still like the prestigeous title of homecourt.

But really, I think 4th is fine but some part of me wants us to fall all the way to 7 so we can kill the suns and rid them of their egos...especially amare's.

Or 6, the sonics seem relatively simple to defeat in a playoff setting cause we do, afterall have much experience in a post season atmosphere.

5...enh, sure whatever, I don't care.

But all I really want is for them to make it past the first round and go really far...I'm not gonna say they're gonna win it all cause I'm just not that optimistic...I'm gonna be real about it and let them surprise me.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Regardless of the fact that our road record is better than I home record. The difference is not that much. It is still better to have the home court advantage.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Yeah, we aren't playing well at home, but you have to take homecourt rather than on the road. At home in the playoffs with our fans, we have a decided advantage. And if we don't take advantage of that, we probably weren't going to go all that deep anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts