Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my list:
1.Shaq-I don't want to here all this crap about him just being big and able to dunk. No he isn't the most skilled player in the league but he is the most dominant. Period! He is the one player on this list that has the fewest off games and cannot even be remotely defended.
2.Duncan-Damn good player that just needs to become more clutch. There really isn't anything he can't do on a basketball court. But until he proves he can win a championship in this much stronger championship he will always be #2.
3-4.Kobe-TMc or TMc-Kobe-Whichever way you want to do it. I think they are both pretty much equal as players other than the fact that one has won more championships on a better team. Physically they are almost carbon copies except Kobe may be a shade faster and quicker and Tmc is bigger and stronger. There games are also pretty similar. Neither guy is a great 3pt shooter even though Tmc did pretty well last year. Both have nice midrange game. Both can create for their teammates. Both are great defenders. Both are great period!
5.JKidd-I don't really like him but he is great. The only reason I put him #5 is because he isn't a primary scorer like these other guys. He does other things but still needs decent talent around him to be successful.
Honorary mention-KG, Pierce, and AI.

·
Registered
293 Posts
1.Shaq
2.Kobe
3.Tim Duncan
4.J-Kidd
5.Garnett

·
Registered
924 Posts
IMX Top 5ive NBA Players...

1. The Big Aristotle
2. Tim Duncan
3. Michael Jordan...Oh I mean Kobe Bryant
4. J-Kidd
5. "The Truth"

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
O'neal, Duncan, Kidd, McGrady, Pierce/KG tie

·
Registered
162 Posts
1. shaq (until he doesnt win it all hes number 1 and for that reason alone)
2. duncan (if he plays how he does last year, and the kings win the championship, hes number 1 but since o neal is the man that makes duncan number 2)
3. Tmac and Kobe two best perimiter players in the game

5. kidd leads a team like noone else

HM: KG and Pierce i expect both to have huge years next year

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
1. Kobe
2. Shaq
3.Duncan
4. TMac
5. JKidd

Kobe gets the nod because of his overall ability and when times get tough Phil lets Kobe cut looseout out of the triangle and make clutch plays . Just can't make Shaq number 1 when you can't call his number in the clutch.

Shaq most dominant, unstoppable force but inability to make plays at the end make Kobe the best.

Duncan , like a machine very rarely has bad games, but post players are rarely capable of making big shots too easy to double team . Duncan is Nightmare match-up for everybody except Shaq.great hands runs floor great footwork great defender and rebounder.

TMac is a little more maturity away from possibly being neck and neck with Kobe. Just not as much creativity at the end of games creating shots in the clutch as Kobe. more of a first step blow by guy thats easier for defense's to anticipate,than cross over and spin dribble moves which leaves the defense more off balance that Kobe uses. Great athlete and scorer great player.

JKidd best point in the game great floor leader whose grasped how to make big plays at the end of game,a reliable shot away from being higher on this list.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Pinball
Here is my list:
1.Shaq-I don't want to here all this crap about him just being big and able to dunk. No he isn't the most skilled player in the league but he is the most dominant. Period! He is the one player on this list that has the fewest off games and cannot even be remotely defended.
2.Duncan-Damn good player that just needs to become more clutch. There really isn't anything he can't do on a basketball court. But until he proves he can win a championship in this much stronger championship he will always be #2.
3-4.Kobe-TMc or TMc-Kobe-Whichever way you want to do it. I think they are both pretty much equal as players other than the fact that one has won more championships on a better team. Physically they are almost carbon copies except Kobe may be a shade faster and quicker and Tmc is bigger and stronger. There games are also pretty similar. Neither guy is a great 3pt shooter even though Tmc did pretty well last year. Both have nice midrange game. Both can create for their teammates. Both are great defenders. Both are great period!
5.JKidd-I don't really like him but he is great. The only reason I put him #5 is because he isn't a primary scorer like these other guys. He does other things but still needs decent talent around him to be successful.
Honorary mention-KG, Pierce, and AI.
I could & I guess I do agree with most of this post.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The people who rate kobe behind tmac or not even in the top 5 I just laugh.No credit cause he has Shaq right.:rolleyes: or wait hes to arrogant or the bste one hes overrated.:eek:

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by beautifulkobe
The people who rate kobe behind tmac or not even in the top 5 I just laugh.No credit cause he has Shaq right.:rolleyes: or wait hes to arrogant or the bste one hes overrated.:eek:
beautifulkobe, it's only their opinion.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1. Shaq
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Kevin Garnett
4. Jason Kidd
5. Tim Duncan

HM -- Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Webber

·
Registered
127 Posts
My top 5

This is my opinion.
1. Duncan- great all around game
2. Shaq- Dominant........
3. McGrady-
4. Bryant
5. Iverson

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by beautifulkobe
I hate when people take this to their heads, people have a right to their opinions, and you don't have a right to insult them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts