Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over-rated

1: Jerry Stackhouse (ouch, airball)
2: Ben Wallace- (Free throw nightmare)
3: Kobe Bryant- (He just isn't top 5 material :D)
4: Kenyon Martin - (What the hell is he slapping at? The ball already went in)
5: Tyson Chandler- (Overhyped, I still like him)

Under-rated

1: Jerome Williams (He's just scary sometimes)
2: Andre Miller (He can't shoot? TEAM USA, WATCH THEM)
3: Paul Pierce (He does everything so well, and nobody knows who he is, in KANSAS!! Thats where he went to COLLEGE! HOW CAN NOBODY KNOW WHO HE IS IN KANSAS? Other than the fact that Kansas doesn't like the NBA....)
4. Andre Kirkliano- (Watch out for this guy)
5. Morris Peterson- (I really like his style of play)
 

·
Home where I wanted to go
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Not this thread again. Isn't there anything else we can discuss. The only thing this is going to lead to is another battle between Lakers and Kings fans.
 

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
Joined
·
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!
Not this thread again. Isn't there anything else we can discuss. The only thing this is going to lead to is another battle between Lakers and Kings fans.
Don't think negative. I am leaving this thread open as long as no one starts anything...Thanks- Devestata.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Overated:

1. Dirk - no D, no good

2. Kenyon - some idiots actually rank this guy as the East's #1 PF, lmao! 6 rebounds per game from a power foward??? LMAO!

3. Kobe - Great player, but way overrated because he plays in the big city and plays with Shaq. Theres no way anyone could be as good as you guys act like this guy is.

4. Mike Bibby - Average numbers = average player

5. Robert Horry - Hits like 4 lucky shots in his entire 10 year carerr and people say he's a future hall of famer, what a joke.

Underrated:

1. Brent Barry - 15+ ppg 5+ apg 5+ rpg, shots better than Kobe or T-Mac, if this guy took as many shots as those guys his numbers would be just as good, and thats the truth, belive it or not.

2. Brad Miller - 15+ ppg 8+ rpg, beat up Shaq, yet still gets no respect. LMAO @ the people who say Raef is better than Brad Miller

3. Tim Duncan - Individual numbers are- GASP! - better than Shaqs! This guys everydambit as dominant as Shaq yet he still gets overlooked when people nam eht ebets players in the NBA, definantly deserved MVP.

4. Pau Gasol - 19 years old and butting up numbers like that! WOW! Better than KG, Kobe, and T-Mac put together when they were his age. This guy will probaly be elite in a few years, better than Dirk no doubt.

5. Jamaal Tinsley - Why would the Pacers need a new PG? HELLO! Tinlseys rookie stats were far better than Andre Millers or Baron Davis'! HELLO! He's gonna be great, he deserves nothing but love!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Boyz II Men Fan</b>!

4. Pau Gasol - 19 years old and butting up numbers like that! WOW! Better than KG, Kobe, and T-Mac put together when they were his age. This guy will probaly be elite in a few years, better than Dirk no doubt.
remember, hes not on a team that has somebody better than him. the twovles had laettner and he was good at that time, tmac had vince, kobe had i cant remember who, but he only had 15 minutes a game so pau of course would have the better stats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
The Lakers had Eddie Jones.

Over Rated

1.Jerry Stackhouse
2.Kenyon Martin
3.Michael Olowakandi
4.Sonics Centers


Under Rated

1.Jalen Rose
2.Vlade Divac
3.Brad Miller
4.Andre Miller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Overrated:

1st: Dirk Nowitzki (DAL) - I think this guy is plain overrated. Some people put him in the top 5 players in the league even though his stats are worse than Duncan's, Webber's, and Garnett's.

2nd: Kobe Bryant (LAL) - At the risk of invoking a volley of Hater claims, I'm gonna lay it out and say this guy is overrated. Like Nowitzki, Bryant is a GREAT player, but the guy just receives way too much hype.

3rd: Tim Thomas (MIL) - George Karl traded Glenn Robinson, a 20/6/3 player, away for junk so that the Bucks could start Tim freaking Thomas. Man, oh, man...

4th: Lebron James (N/A) - OK, maybe this guy doesn't count, but no player in high school should be receiving this much hype; I don't care how good he is.

5th: Mike Bibby (SAC) - I hate to admit it, but this guy is a little overrated. Again, he's a great player, but I think he, like Bryant and Nowitzki, is just getting too much hype.

Underrated:

1st: Ron Artest (IND) - This guy wasn't even named to the NBA All-Defensive Second team, which, I think, is ****.

2nd: Andre Miller (LAC) - This guy leads the league in assists and misses the All-Star team.

3rd: Brent Barry (SEA) - 15/5/5/50% are VERY good stats, but this guy gets less attention than a lot of players worse than him.

4th: Scot Pollard (SAC) - This guy is a beast of a rebounder; he ranked 10th in the entire NBA in rebounds per minute.

5th: Devean George (LAL) - As much as I hate to admit it, this guy I think is just plain underrated because he is a member of the mostly weak Laker bench.

Well, there you have it. I tried to remain pretty much neutral, so feel free to critique it if you want.
 

·
A!
Joined
·
9,434 Posts
How can someone call Tyson Chandler overrated? He has played one year out of HS. Give him a chance to be rated at all before calling him overrated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Originally posted by <b>riddler</b>!
over-rated
the kings

underrated
the suns
I like your thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STING</b>!
Over-rated
1: Jerry Stackhouse (ouch, airball)
2: Ben Wallace- (Free throw nightmare)
3: Kobe Bryant- (He just isn't top 5 material :D)
4: Kenyon Martin - (What the hell is he slapping at? The ball already went in)
5: Tyson Chandler- (Overhyped, I still like him)
I'm having a hard time understanding your overated players.
1: Stackhouse is not overated. he just had a remarkable season, leading his team to the number 1 spot in their division.

2: Ben Wallace, yes he is a free throw nightmare, but so is Shaq.
Ben's defensive effort, and work ethic make him a star in my book.

3: Kobe, you can't be serious. 3 rings, 5 all nba awards, 1 allstar MVP, slam dunk champ, all defensive awards, not to mention some pretty interesting high school records. overated, HA!

4: Kenyon, he is a much better player with Kidd as his point guard. However I dont think you can say he is overated for that reason.

5: Tyson, he's hyped for a reason. This kid can play! He's got the athleticism. Give him a few years and he'll be an allstar.



:banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Boyz II Men Fan</b>!
Overated:
1. Dirk - no D, no good
2. Kenyon - some idiots actually rank this guy as the East's #1 PF, lmao! 6 rebounds per game from a power foward??? LMAO!
3. Kobe - Great player, but way overrated because he plays in the big city and plays with Shaq. Theres no way anyone could be as good as you guys act like this guy is.
5. Robert Horry - Hits like 4 lucky shots in his entire 10 year carerr and people say he's a future hall of famer, what a joke.
1: You label Dirk as overated because he is not a premier defender, what about him being a premier scorer. Thats gotta count for something

2: If Kenyon is not the best PF in the East who is?

3: No one acts like he is that good, he really is! Just check the numbers

5: Show some respect. You would know a great player if Magic Johnson was sitting right in front of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by BoyzIIMen fan,
Pau Gasol - 19 years old and butting up numbers like that! WOW! Better than KG, Kobe, and T-Mac put together when they were his age. This guy will probaly be elite in a few years, better than Dirk no doubt.
Pau has a nice game and I think he is destined for greatness, but his number at 19 aren't really better than Kobe's. Remember Kobe averaged 16 off the bench. And as far as him being better than Dirk, we'll see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by Wiggum
Kobe Bryant (LAL) - At the risk of invoking a volley of Hater claims, I'm gonna lay it out and say this guy is overrated. Like Nowitzki, Bryant is a GREAT player, but the guy just receives way too much hype.
How can you expect to not here any Hater claims when that's basically what your doing.
"he's great but the guy recieves way too much hype"
sound like hating to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Boyz II Men Fan</b>!
Overated:

2. Kenyon - some idiots actually rank this guy as the East's #1 PF, lmao! 6 rebounds per game from a power foward??? LMAO!
It seems like someone has to explain this all of the time, but the reasons he averaged 6 a game were because:

1) He chased around perimeter players all year while Van Horn played inside.
2) The Nets are a good rebounding team, so Martin focused on running the break while others rebounded.

If Martin has to (and maybe he might next year, because he'll be the PF and closer to the basket), he can rebound. It seemed like every time the Nets needed a clutch rebound, Martin skied up past everyone and got it. His low rebounding totals were from how he played the game, not because he isn't a good rebounder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,756 Posts
Most underated player in the game.

Who is it?:confused:

I'll tell you who, Shawn Marion! This kid can flat out ball, he can run, jump, shoot even though it doesn't look great it goes in. He can handle the ball, attack the rim as well as or better than anyone else. Is a good defender and I don't think you can name a SF that gets 20 points and 10 rebounds and is under 6-10. Hell this kid has not even been to the All Star game! Shawn Marion gets no respect in my book, if you would make a list of the top 30 players in the NBA I bet Marion would be left out of 80-90% of all the lists! And if you don't think he is any good just look at what he is doing on the USA team. Great young talent, smart, tough, competitive, strong, super athlete, defends well, he has it all but still is not looked on as being that great partly because he is seen as just a dunker and because he has not shined in the playoffs yet, key word yet....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Re: Most underated player in the game.

Originally posted by <b>OZZY</b>!
Who is it?:confused:

I'll tell you who, Shawn Marion! This kid can flat out ball, he can run, jump, shoot even though it doesn't look great it goes in. He can handle the ball, attack the rim as well as or better than anyone else. Is a good defender and I don't think you can name a SF that gets 20 points and 10 rebounds and is under 6-10. Hell this kid has not even been to the All Star game! Shawn Marion gets no respect in my book, if you would make a list of the top 30 players in the NBA I bet Marion would be left out of 80-90% of all the lists! And if you don't think he is any good just look at what he is doing on the USA team. Great young talent, smart, tough, competitive, strong, super athlete, defends well, he has it all but still is not looked on as being that great partly because he is seen as just a dunker and because he has not shined in the playoffs yet, key word yet....
I was gonna say him once i saw the title of your thread. Looks like you said what needed to be said about him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
He isn't underrated, he's hyped.

Why did he get a max extension? Why do people always have him like 3rd in their top sf lists? Why does everybody think he's underrated all at once? If everytone thinks he underrated, he can't be underrated.
 

·
Hokeamaniac
Joined
·
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STING</b>!
Over-rated

1: Jerry Stackhouse (ouch, airball)
2: Ben Wallace- (Free throw nightmare)
3: Kobe Bryant- (He just isn't top 5 material :D)
4: Kenyon Martin - (What the hell is he slapping at? The ball already went in)
5: Tyson Chandler- (Overhyped, I still like him)

Under-rated

1: Jerome Williams (He's just scary sometimes)
2: Andre Miller (He can't shoot? TEAM USA, WATCH THEM)
3: Paul Pierce (He does everything so well, and nobody knows who he is, in KANSAS!! Thats where he went to COLLEGE! HOW CAN NOBODY KNOW WHO HE IS IN KANSAS? Other than the fact that Kansas doesn't like the NBA....)
4. Andre Kirkliano- (Watch out for this guy)
5. Morris Peterson- (I really like his style of play)
Wouldn't expect anything different from a C's fan. :grinning:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top