Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago 50 wins was all but guaranteed, but with our recent play, who knows... To get to 50 wins we have to go at least 7-5.

Sacramento

APRIL

Fri 1 LA Clippers
Sun 3 at Toronto
Wed 6 Washington
Fri 8 at Orlando
Sun 10 at Miami
Mon 11 at Chicago
Wed 13 Orlando
Fri 15 Milwaukee
Sun 17 Cleveland
Tue 19 at Atlanta
Wed 20 at Charlotte

Getting back to playing Pistons basketball is the most important thing, but that should translate into wins.

Will we get there?

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Definitly. Although I think we may drop the Sacramento game (maybe not with Miller out) I still think we get at least 8 wins in April. It's a fairly easy schedule. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I'm sick of 50-32 seasons. This team has underachieved tremendously, this should be a post to get to 60 wins, not 50.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
froggyvk said:
I'm sick of 50-32 seasons. This team has underachieved tremendously, this should be a post to get to 60 wins, not 50.
I agree with you here. It would seem our team has been getting mighty stagnant, obviously that's not the case since we won the championship, but who's to say we won't end up like those Blazer teams of the late 90's/early 00's.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I sure hope so i'd hate to be .500 or lower in the last 12 games before the playoffs that would really worry. I think they will be able to pull out @ least 9 games of the final 12 but can see 10+

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
froggyvk said:
Well we won 54 last year and that was a championship team, taking into account all that has went on this year -- the suspensions, the melee, Brown's absence, lackidasical start, etc. and we're in pretty good shape. Getting 50 wins this year would be an accomplishment IMO.

At the beginning of the year I would've agreed with your statement because I thought 50 wins was a given, but after what we've been through this year it'd be a good suprise to get 50+ wins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts