Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great stuff once again . . . It may not be much of a message board topic since their little debating your work but it's definitely a gread read. Keep up the great work.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
It looks like this kid is going to have a huge year for Syracuse this year. Now, if he can lead the team to a winning record he will definitly be the 2nd pick in the draft if he comes out this year. But if he can't lead his team to a winning record thenmaybe someone else might sneak up and take his spot in the draft.

·
Registered
414 Posts
From what I saw he is a marvelous athlete, with great basketball instincts, especially around the basket. He finishes shots for scores, something that many of the high flyers to not do except on breakaways. This is a key element for a wing sized player. Reminds me of a young Billy Cunningham with his slashing syle. Billy Cunningham is deservedly in the Hall of Fame , MVP of the ABA one year.

He seems like a team first player, which is excellent. He should work on his mid-range game, 12-15 feet out, with a pull up jumper, in order to be great in the NBA. You can not always get to the hoop against giants. All young players need to work on straight up non glamourus defense . The true stars, not the highlight film guys, play both ends of the court. Could use added muscle.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jsa</b>!
From what I saw he is a marvelous athlete, with great basketball instincts, especially around the basket. He finishes shots for scores, something that many of the high flyers to not do except on breakaways. This is a key element for a wing sized player. Reminds me of a young Billy Cunningham with his slashing syle. Billy Cunningham is deservedly in the Hall of Fame , MVP of the ABA one year.

He seems like a team first player, which is excellent. He should work on his mid-range game, 12-15 feet out, with a pull up jumper, in order to be great in the NBA. You can not always get to the hoop against giants. All young players need to work on straight up non glamourus defense . The true stars, not the highlight film guys, play both ends of the court. Could use added muscle.
great post Jsa

·
Registered
139 Posts
From what what I heard just before the tourney was that he was indeed planning on coming back next year (extra study hall, living options, and classes next semester). Reasons cited were that he loves Cuse and also wants to be the #1 pick overall. However, now after the tourney win I can see him going pro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts