Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knew we'd be sitting here WISHING we could have a start like last season where we were 6-11. Now we're 3-9. I just don't know what to say. It's not right to blame it all on T-Mac's injury, because the Rockets just look bad out there. Like they don't know how to play basketball. Stupid turnovers. Dumb passes that make no sense. Can't even sink a basket. Offensive sets result in nothing -- degree of difficulty on shots is high. Lethargic play.

Even if we were to turn it around and get hot like last year, would we be able to win even 50 games?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
dont let my avatar fool you...i like to think im a pretty "glass half full" type of guy. Because of that I can look at the situation like this...

They're 3-2 with McGrady & Alston and 0-7 without them. Some are under the belief that going 0-6 without McGrady shows that this team wasn't really contender in the first place. I ask..are they suppose to beat Indy in Indy without McGrady? NOPE. What about Dallas in Dallas? NOPE

Dont get me wrong....this team shouldn't be 3-9. I say they SHOULD be around .500. They've blown games to inferior teams that will come back and bite them...hell, they already have. The whole team deserved a fines for the loses to Orlando, NO/OK & Boston..those were just pathetic.

Positives:
-Wesley has seemed to have found his shot
-DA has played better since moved to the bench
-we got Head
-while the % may not show a huge improvement...the team is shooting much better than they did 3 weeks ago
-murderous schedule is over

Negatives:
-Deke & Howard have been MIA
-Swift is "barely" outplaying Howard
-team can't get quality shots
-they're 3 & freakin' 9

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
another game..another 4th qt loss

the glass is now half empty

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tonight should have been a win...i think its absurd how poor our lack of fourth quarter execution is...for some reason, we tense up and become hesitant in the fourth...not only that, but our whole team morale is depressing...this is a team that doesnt believe it can win without Tracy McGrady, and thats a shame..

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
I think 55 wins was very possible this season with a healthy McGrady and Yao. I'm just looking at reaching 50 now. This could be a blessing in disguise, since we'd probably have to play Dallas and SA back-to-back with a 4th seed.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts

How was Suns' record when Nash got injuried last season? They also had a 6 games losing streak and Amare sucked during that. TMAC is as important to Rockets as Nash to Suns. When ur creator/primary player-maker/ballhandler is injuried, I doubt any team could still function well. TMAC usually draws 2 defenders and he can always find the open man, guys like Wesley, Barry, Swift are better off making open shots but now they r being forced to do more than they r suitable for. Plus TMAC can make Yao score much easier.

And look at the positive things, our guys r gradually starting to click, Head is doing really good, DA is playing way better in the 6th man role and more willing to pass, Wesley is getting out of his shooting slump (I know he is kinda a streaky shooter but I doubt he will play as bad as he did in the first some games again), we just need the finisher. So far Houston hasn't been blown out of games, even when Rockets were playing against teams like Pistons, Spurs, Mavs, the first 3 quarters was close but when they got to the 4th Q, our guys just didn't know what to do, this is just the moments we need TMAC.

Anyway, what if TMAC's injury become chronic…:dead:

·
Registered
3 Posts
how many loses should it take before rockets fans to hit the panic button. wit tmac being out the rockets dont have an identity. even tho we shouldnt point fingers i am and its pointing at JEFF VAN GUNDY for this slow dry half court game. btw why does it seem like every other team is getting faster and younger and the rockets are getting slower and older.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tmac's back spasms have been hampering him every since his toronto and orlando dayz. he has tendanitus in both knees. If Rockets dont make a trade to get sum kind of spark to this team come july we will be a lottery team

1 - 10 of 10 Posts