Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as I had posted in another thread, naturally, I'm hopeful that the Blazers will win tomorrow night's game. They'd then embark on their 7-game road trip at 4-3. OK, attempting to be at least a little bit realistic, I'm figuring they'll go 2-5 on the trip. That would put them at 6-8 on their return on December 1st.

Understanding the seeming parity of the NW Division thus far this season, I figure that would put them in the middle of the pack. Not too bad after a major East Coast trip under their collective belts.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'd really like to get the obvious 3 on this trip - NY, Atlanta and Orlando. Get those and it's a good trip. Anything above that would be outstanding.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
ABM said:
Well, as I had posted in another thread, naturally, I'm hopeful that the Blazers will win tomorrow night's game. They'd then embark on their 7-game road trip at 4-3. OK, attempting to be at least a little bit realistic, I'm figuring they'll go 2-5 on the trip. That would put them at 6-8 on their return on December 1st.

Understanding the seeming parity of the NW Division thus far this season, I figure that would put them in the middle of the pack. Not too bad after a major East Coast trip under their collective belts.
So what is your season record prediction?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Tomorrow's gonna be a tough game. Not only does Golden State have a pretty good team but don't we historically play poorly against them?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Tomorrow's gonna be a tough game. Not only does Golden State have a pretty good team but don't we historically play poorly against them?

a nate mcmillan coached trail blazers don't have a history of playing poorly against them.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Yes. Especially here at the Rose Garden last season and the previous.

PBF

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah, I recall many horrible games vs. Golden State. But honestly those games were played by completely different teams, both ours and theirs. If we keep seeing the same fight and hustle that we have been seeing so far this season, then I say we play Golden State quite well. An injured, horribly shooting Baron Davis will probably help our cause as well. His hamstring injury has really hampered his shooting recently. Let's hope for more of the bad shooting....
Speaking of teams we have struggled against in recent years, I would make a top 3 with:
1. Denver- for the last 2 or 3 years it seems like they are always an automatic loss.....and a bad one at that.
2. San antonio- Wow. They always destroy our offense and make us play the most disgusting basketball of the season.
3. Golden State- In the last couple of years, not only have we played badly against them, but tempers have gotten out of control in some of the games. Anyone remember the incident with the bus? Damn.

Prunetang

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
My favorite Golden State game was the one down in Oakland with Bonzi Wells and Chris Mills going at it....

The game was intense the whole way through and seemed like a playoff game...

Chris Mills + Bonzi Wells = IDIOT.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah, that was an intense game. Didn't someone from the stands throw gum or something at one of our players also? Or is that just my strange memory ruining history? That was also the game where Mills and his buddies blocked the team bus and all that. I always thought he should have been suspended, Artest style, for a stunt like that. That was dangerous.

Prunetang

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Hap said:
a nate mcmillan coached trail blazers don't have a history of playing poorly against them.
Sometimes things just follow teams no matter how they're made up or how good they are.

I hope Nate changes things around here. Thus far it seems like we have not given up as much late in games like we would have last year.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Sometimes things just follow teams no matter how they're made up or how good they are.

I hope Nate changes things around here. Thus far it seems like we have not given up as much late in games like we would have last year.
most of the players who "struggle" against G-State (or know that we do, or why) are gone.

realistically, only 3 players from this team know that we struggle against the W's. Patters, Darius and Zach. And really, none of them know the struggles you're referencing.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
My favorite Golden State game was the one down in Oakland with Bonzi Wells and Chris Mills going at it....

I agree, that was a really good game. While Seattle has always been a competitive, sort of friendly rivalry, the Blazers have gone through periods where the games against Golden State have been downright naaaasty.

I hear you - put the brains of those two together and watch out!

6-8 I think is quite doable after the road trip. Season record? 33 wins, 49 losses.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
zagsfan20 said:

No way - the early 90s was when that series rocked! Some of the best games I've ever seen on TV were the road games at the Oakland Arena with Don Nelson prowling the GS sidelines and Drexler and Company breaking their hearts time and again. I remember one where TP hit 7 treys down there. The only one I've ever attended in Oakland was 2001 and I remember being up by 45 at one point.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, if we go 1-1 to end the trip, we'll be at that magical 6-8. And, you bet, I'd STILL be down with that! :D

In fact, 6-8 with a major east coast trip under the belt extrapolates out to around a 35 or 36 win season. I'm guessing that would be good for about 9th place in the WC. I'd be down with that, as well! :D

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Hap said:
most of the players who "struggle" against G-State (or know that we do, or why) are gone.

realistically, only 3 players from this team know that we struggle against the W's. Patters, Darius and Zach. And really, none of them know the struggles you're referencing.
I'm thinking more of a historical factor. Just one of those things that plagues a team no matter who or what they're made of.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
going 3 of 4 in the games vs ny and atlanta has helped us - but the rest of our season isnt playing those guys over n over. i dont think you can extrapolate these rusults across a season when we havent even played nearly 20 of the other league teams - most of whom are decent.

we've done well on the schedule we have had so far , but easy st isnt gonna last.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
tlong said:
How about 5 and 9?
That would still project out to 29 wins over 82 games, which is more than many people here though we'd end up with. Although I doubt we win tonight either.

Still, with one long road trip down and a team with a team who has two starters who've started more than 50 games in a season, we could be a lot worse than 5-9. I wouldn't have been shocked at a 2-12 record after tonight's game.

Tonight will be Telfair's 40th start. Monia's 12th. Miles' 181st. Randolph's 141st. Pyzybilla's 168th. I'd guess that's the least experience of any team in the league, starting lineup wise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts