Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Earl Boykins

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Other(write in)

Votes: 3 8.3%

6th man of the year

889 views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Mavericks_Fan 
#1 ·
there seems to be all this talk about MOP and MVP but lets start talking about 6th man

potential candidates

Speedy Claxton - NOK - 28.6 MPG - 12.3 PPG - 2.8 RPG - 4.8 APG - 40.6% FG, 1.6 SPG, 0.3 3PG

Maurice Williams - MIL - 27.8 MPG - 13.5 PPG - 2.6 RPG - 4.2 APG - 44.2% FG, 1.0 SPG, 1.3 3PG

Jerry Stackhouse - DAL - 27.5 MPG - 13.2 PPG - 2.8 RPG - 2.9 APG - 39.9% FG, 0.7 SPG, 0.7 3PG

Mike Miller - MEM - 31.0 MPG - 13.9 PPG - 5.5 RPG - 2.7 APG - 46.0% FG, 0.7 SPG, 1.7 3PG

Andres Nocioni - CHI - 26.1 MPG - 12.4 PPG - 5.5 RPG - 1.4 APG - 46.0% FG, .05 SPG, 1.1 3PG

Earl Boykins - DEN - 25.7 MPG - 12.6 PPG - 1.4 RPG - 3.8 APG - 41.0% FG, .08 SPG, 1.0 3PG

honorable mention : Leonardo Barbosa, Antione Walker, James Jones, Antonio McDyess, Devin Harris

started too many games : Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon

See less See more
#6 ·
Mike Miller.

Reactions: bbasok
#8 ·
Dodigago said:
why? Andres has put up almost identicaly #'s while less minutes and much much better defense
Unfortunately for Andres, the game's not all about stats.

Miller's the team's second leading scorer off the bench, the team's second leading rebounder off the bench, gets more assists, has the league-most points off the bench, a 41-point game off the bench and a triple-double off the bench (which hasn't been accomplished in 10 years).

Not only does he have the raw numbers over Nocioni, but he also plays a more vital role on his team. He just has more of an effect on Memphis games than Nocioni does on Bulls games. And has achieved some rare feats, which Nocioni - I have not checked, but I can take a guess - has not.

#10 ·
Unfortunately for Andres, the game's not all about stats.
...and then you go to list stats like assist numbers. Not following.

Although Miller would be my choice.

#12 ·
P-Dub34 said:
...and then you go to list stats like assist numbers. Not following.

Although Miller would be my choice.
Not all about stats, but stats are part of it...obviously. Were you under the impression that I would completely ignore all the stats Miller leads in?

Miller has better stats than practically all of these guys. However, his impact, along with the stats will be the key, and it's why he's dominating this poll right now.

#13 ·
You saying that stats weren't all the game, and then reciting stat-based arguments like points, rebounds, and assists was confusing, yes.

#19 ·
not enough, like full coverage of each round of playoffs last season but probably only 2 games this year.

but u cant say that dampier isn't severely underperforming after his 12-12 contract season by the bay

#22 ·
bandits1 said:
Mike Miller all the way.

OMG..... i thought i was white. i can seriously imagine him dribbling the ball up court like his arm is in brace with a massive poll right up his ***

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.