Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diop had 7 personal fouls in only 17 minutes of play..... ouch. That hurts. The youngster has a lot to learn, and will have plenty of time to grow, I just hope he doesn't get labeled as foul-prone by the refs. If the refs start looking closer at Diop for fouls, that could REALLY hinder his playing time/progress. I like being aggressive, but he's gotta be smarter than that. I'm very interested to watch today's game and see for myself DIop, Wagner, Boozer, et al....

AND LET"S GET RICKY SIGNED DAMMIT!!!!!

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
In today's summer league game, it looked like they had already targeted him for fouls.

The summer league refs are trying to hard to get everything perfect that they blowing the whistle anytime someone gets touched.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, an improvement!!!

Diop accumulated 7 fouls in 27 minutes today!! Better! Much Better!!! I taped the damn game to watch after I get off work, but with Wags with the flu, and Diop practicing his hack-a-shaq on stiffs.... and this is the only Cavs game televised..... guess I better stop on the way home and get more beer.... ALOT more beer..........

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
yeah, dont bother. The game sucked. Wags barely touched the ball the first half (only reason I was watching) and then sat out the second.

The announcer said he had a blister on his foot.. and that is why he wasnt playing. I hope it was the flu and not a blister.

Drew Gooden looked absolutely dominant at times, but nothing exciting at all.

I believe there might be another Cavs game on TV Thurs or Friday. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, ok

After watching the tape, Diop, Gooden, Boozer, and Barton looked good. My opinion on each:

Diop did not look as wild as his 7pf's in 27 minutes indicated. He was aggressive, but it didn't seem like the refs were targeting him or making outrageous calls. The lost weight suits Diop well. He still kinda lumbers/lopes down the floor, but he has good timing on his blocks, and was getting decent position on his rbs. Will be interesting to see him against the top centers, and with a decent PG getting him the feeds. He didn't take many shots, but all the shots he did take were within the flow and his range, and he had good form even when he missed.

Gooden looked very fluid and comfortable on the offense. He did nothing outstanding on def., and it was a good match-up with Boozer. To all the Gooden nay-sayers, sorry... from what you could read from a summer league game, Gooden has the ability to play in the league. Clearly the best player on the floor (considering Wagner was hurting and didn't play much).

Boozer looks great! Man, did the weight loss do wonders for his physique and mobility! I saw enough games of Duke to know the Boozer was a decent player, but he looks renewed! He could be an Elton Brand type player in the NBA! His first game he showed that he was not in over his head at all. Good court smarts, decent shot, good positioning and rebounding.... I was very surprised and pleased with what I saw of him.

For the Cavs, #17, Barton? or somebody like that? I'll have to look him up, but he can shoot the 3. Oh yeah, for Memphis, the Czech guy Giorili or something like that..... keeper. He has a nice stroke too, and has that wonderful talent of being able to create enough space to get his shot off.... little step in, little step out, space and shoot. Something a lot of spot-up shooters (Trajon Langdon) never learned or are able to do.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#17 is

Lubos Barton G/F rookie from Valpo, 6'8" looked real good shooting from the outside... but will probably not make the team as we don't have many openings.... by the way, doesn't sound like Ricky and the Cavs will come to terms in the near future.... and he might be going to Denver. Good luck Ricky. I like him and all, but 1/4 of a season is not enough to ask for 6-7mil for 5 years.... sheesh, are some of these players and agents that blind to the economics of the game/cap, and so over-rated in their own eyes???? Hope he resigns with us, but if Ricky is gone, that just opens a lot more minutes for Wagner....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts