Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.



Phoenix Suns (53-17) vs. Philadelphia 76er(35-35)
Wednesday, March 30th, 7:00pm


Phoenix Suns

Probable Starting Lineup:

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Quentin Richardson
SF: Joe Johnson
PF: Shawn Marion
C: Amare Stoudemire

Key Reserves:

Jim Jackson
Leandro Barbosa
Steven Hunter
Walter McCarty



Philadelphia 76ers

Probable Starting Lineup:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Kyle Korver
PF: Chris Webber
C: Samuel Dalembert




Key Reserves:

Willie Green
Aaron McKie
John Salmons
Marc Jackson


Previous Meetings:
Friday 5th @ Philadelphia W 108-98



</CENTER>
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach
Joined
·
31,773 Posts
I'll guarantee that Willie Green won't play this one. Look for Rodney Rogers to be the other guy off the bench.

The team is a huge underdog in this one, but I think it's a winnable game, but the Sixers need to play an A+ game. Last night's game Vs the Kings broke the trend during their recent span of great FG% defense for the Sixers, and the Suns are an even tougher matchup.

We're going to need Sammy to stay out of foul trouble in be focused in this one, because he's our only hope against Amare Stoudemire.
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach
Joined
·
31,773 Posts
KidCanada said:
Amare is day to day with a sore ankle. He might sit this one out, but I doubt it.
If Amare's out (I'm hoping) then the Sixers chances are really improved in this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
If Amare's out (I'm hoping) then the Sixers chances are really improved in this one.
Remember, the Suns beat the Nuggets while they were on a roll without Amare. Steven Hunter stepped it up for them that game.
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach
Joined
·
31,773 Posts
Kunlun said:
Remember, the Suns beat the Nuggets while they were on a roll without Amare. Steven Hunter stepped it up for them that game.
The Nuggets don't have a starting PG, who has the ability to get both Steve Nash and Leandro Barbosa in foul trouble. Here's hoping Iverson works more on penetration instead of settling for jumpers like in the LA game.

For those of you out of the area, this game will be televised on ESPN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
For those of you out of the area, this game will be televised on ESPN.
Not the ESPN where I live. ESPN here only shows games on Saturday. I'll just keep up with the game on ESPN Scoreboad and read what you guys write in the game thread.
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach
Joined
·
31,773 Posts
Ah, and like always, feel free to gamble away your uCash points on the 76ers. Tonight they are a 6.5 underdog Vs the Suns, you like the team's odds? Go ahead and try your luck!

http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2058908#post2058908&conly=

I've already thrown 3,000 down, I can't lose enough!

Seriously though, I think the Sixers are going to win, because times when people think the team has no shot they perform fairly well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
Ah, and like always, feel free to gamble away your uCash points on the 76ers. Tonight they are a 6.5 underdog Vs the Suns, you like the team's odds? Go ahead and try your luck!

http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2058908#post2058908&conly=

I've already thrown 3,000 down, I can't lose enough!

Seriously though, I think the Sixers are going to win, because times when people think the team has no shot they perform fairly well.
That's what the Nuggets fans were thinking... thinking that a #8 team can beat the #1 team easily just because the #8 is "hot" right now. You can keep despising the #1 team on the West....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
jibikao said:
That's what the Nuggets fans were thinking... thinking that a #8 team can beat the #1 team easily just because the #8 is "hot" right now. You can keep despising the #1 team on the West....
This year's Suns team will be like the Sonics who choked against the #8 seed Nuggets and Dikembe Mutombo in 1994.

All flash, no substance doesn't = championship. That's my prediction. The Sun will set in the first round.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A layup by Rodgers and a dunk by Iggy ties it at 10.

Marion knocks down a shottoo make it 12-10.

Korver finds Rodgers to make it 12-12.

Iggy finds Korver on a nice cut to make it 14-12.

Timeout with 5:16 to go and were up 2.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
End of the 1st were down 29-24.

The Suns shot well in the first with a 57%.

So far were gettin equal scoring from all the players. AI leads with 7.

Marion is leading the way for them with 10.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Top