Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not gonna lie to you - I am a little worried about this game. Big emotional night earlier this week, playing lowest seeded team (ie - trap game), and how they played us last time - I could see bad things happening. However, if we come out an open this thing up early, I think we will be fine. Starting flat and playing into Maine's gameplan will be a problem if we let it be one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
They posted a sweet hype preview (narrated by TB himself) on Instagram. But do the people who make these tapes realize its no longer 2001 and there’s other music besides Public Enemy, MOP and Camron? Lol...I feel like they could mix it up a little better.

Im a little nervous about this one. UVM can’t start so flat. Maine healthy and feeling dangerous. I hope Ev and Giddens build on their performances vs UAlbany.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Not gonna lie to you - I am a little worried about this game. Big emotional night earlier this week, playing lowest seeded team (ie - trap game), and how they played us last time - I could see bad things happening. However, if we come out an open this thing up early, I think we will be fine. Starting flat and playing into Maine's gameplan will be a problem if we let it be one.
I have pretty much the same opinion on it. I feel like UVM should be able to take care of business v. a team that is still 322nd in the nation on Kenpom even with its recent upswing, but think that the first 10 minutes or so will be telling. If UVM bursts out to a 18-6 lead or something, I think they'll be fine. If Maine turns it into another rockfight though (and UVM goes cold from deep) it could be another story all together.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Of Maine’s 11 losses in the league, I believe 9 were by 10 points or less. The two blowouts were the last game at Patrick where Fleming was out and an early game against Stony Brook. It’s definitely a team that knows how to stick around.

As mentioned in a different thread, I’m watching Prijovic in this game. If he’s getting open shots and making them, it makes guarding these guys a lot harder.

Hoping we have everyone available tonight, as depth could be a big positive factor In this game. But most important is to show up with the right postseason mindset. Northern Iowa, Loyola and Radford have already lost as 1 and 2 seeds in the first few days of tournament play. Have to be locked in from the tip.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,714 Posts
There are no more excuses. Be ready or go home.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Big three by Stef at the end of the half! I'll take a 9 point lead at halftime but Vermont really had a chance to put Maine away and didn't.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Patella played the best game I can remember by someone who was almost invisible in the box score. Without him I think UVM would have choked badly.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure if was tough defense by Maine or just poor shooting, but second half start was pretty rough. Nice to see Everett stay hot and Lamb is Lamb. Survive and advance.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Survive and advance. Credit to Maine, who looked a lot better than any eight seed I remember seeing. Almost executed the formula that will probably take down UVM if anything does (get hot from 3, hope UVM is ice cold). Should be a fascinating set of semifinals.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Great playoff atmosphere, was really enjoyable albeit nerve wracking. Maine played their asses off. El Darwich and Prijovic could barely stand at the end of the game. It was basically depth that won the game because we certainly missed enough free throws and open shots to lose it. That and Everett Duncan bailing us out several times with key shots.

My only negative comment on Maine is that Fleming made a really dumb play when he fouled out. He got into a personal chest puffing contest with Patella in the paint while the game was on the line. Whether you thought it was a foul or not (I did) is almost moot. You can’t put yourself in a position where the ref has room to make a call. That’s an immature play from a guy who should know better after four years and it may have cost his team the game. Also, Barron made a mistake keeping him in, so some of it is on him. Otherwise that team deserves a ton of credit.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Congrats to UVM for moving on to the next round!

Credit to Maine. They really played their hearts out every time I have watched them. A few plays fall their way and the end up in the top 4 this year. El Darwich will not be easy to replace. What a solid guy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts