Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Per BFP, Barron said he thought that Fleming only committed 1 foul the entire game lol. Good to see he is an avid reader of this board.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I saw the whole sequence, Fleming kept on slamming on Patella, ref let first two go, finally had to call third, it was like Fleming was daring the ref to make the call. Not sure what he was thinking there.

Great effort by Maine otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
I saw the whole sequence, Fleming kept on slamming on Patella, ref let first two go, finally had to call third, it was like Fleming was daring the ref to make the call. Not sure what he was thinking there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He wasn't thinking......that has been an on-going issue with Fleming. He gets caught up in these in-game pissing contests and has screwed Maine every time that he pulls this BS. Thankfully Barron will no longer have to deal with this sideshow. Buh-bye Andrew!

·
Registered
202 Posts

^exactly what happened kinda sureal to see too in a moment where he had no reason to give the foul he just insisted on throwing down with Patella, huge shift after Vermont drew the 4th and 5th fouls out of him, before Fleming exited the game was roughly even and he was just starting to fire up and get on a roll, super important shift in the game dynamic, a ton of respect to Maine, this is the 4th year in a row that they end their season with a Qfinal in Patrick and the best game and effort by far of the three

·
Registered
188 Posts
Patella played the best game I can remember by someone who was almost invisible in the box score. Without him I think UVM would have choked badly.
This is what I love about Bailey. In all aspects of life, few people get to play the Anthony Lamb role but everyone can find ways to contribute. Whenever he's in the game, Bailey's playing a positive role. Sometimes it's ball-handling, sometimes it's moving without the ball, sometimes it's being a perpetual defensive impediment, sometimes it's just firing up the crowd or infecting his teammates with his energy and enthusiasm. Bailey will never make a living playing basketball, but I'm convinced from watching the way that he plays that he's going to be a major success in whatever field he eventually pursues.

·
Registered
57 Posts
He is a smart defensive player and finds all kinds of ways to be disruptive. People hate him because he does it with a smile on his face but at home.. it generates a loud home court advantage.
No ego with this kid, honestly. He clearly loves the competition, gives it his all and really digs his contributions. The fans love him for his energy. He does tons of little things to make difference in games that get few stats: tipped balls, diving for loose balls, drawing fouls, shutting down a big by coming out of no where to add a second defender. He plays longer than his height, has significant hops and has an effortless way of moving on the court. Really fun to watch. This kid is only going to get better. Depending on the rotation next year, I see him in double figures regularly.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No ego with this kid, honestly. He clearly loves the competition, gives it his all and really digs his contributions. The fans love him for his energy. He does tons of little things to make difference in games that get few stats: tipped balls, diving for loose balls, drawing fouls, shutting down a big by coming out of no where to add a second defender. He plays longer than his height, has significant hops and has an effortless way of moving on the court. Really fun to watch. This kid is only going to get better. Depending on the rotation next year, I see him in double figures regularly.
With Everett graduating it will open up a starting spot at the SF position and about 30min per game. Patella should definitely compete for that although I do think he's pretty valuable to the team in his 6th/7th man role. Huge boost of energy when he comes in.

·
Comrade Fox
1,881 Posts

The health and safety of our fans and communities is paramount. Out of an abundance of caution, we, in conjunction with the Collegiate Officiating Consortium of which we are a member, are notifying the public that we are aware of two persons on the floor during tournament games who have tested positive for COVID-19. The America East has directly communicated with its membership, including the two institutions listed below:

One or both of these persons were on the floor for the following games:
Saturday, March 7: Maine at Vermont at Patrick Gym (Burlington, VT) – America East Tournament quarterfinal
Monday, March 9
: UIC vs. Wright State at Indiana Farmers Coliseum (Indianapolis, IN) - Horizon League Tournament semifinal
Tuesday, March 10: Manhattan vs. Fairfield at Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall (Atlantic City, NJ) – Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament 1st round
Wednesday, March 11: Manhattan vs. Siena at Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall (Atlantic City, NJ) – Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament quarterfinal

21 - 40 of 42 Posts